Sunday, October 3, 2010

Apple Dews

Are you ready for something seriously delicious? This is a must-try recipe.  Trust me.  You will love it.  I was unbelievably skeptical when I was first introduced to this recipe, but they are sinfully good.  Warning-they are very sweet and not extremely diet friendly! 

Ok, here we go...

You will need:
 Baking pan (I used 2)
2 pkgs crescent rolls
2 granny smith apples ( I know there are 3 in the picture...sorry)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 stick margarine melted
12 oz. Mt. Dew
 Peel and slice the apples.  You will need 16 total slices from the two apples.  I use my handy-dandy apple corer/slicer for the cutting part and then peel  them by hand, but you can do it however you want to.

 Wrap each slice of apple in a crescent roll and put them in the pan.  Don't crowd them.  (that's why I used 2 pans)

 Mix melted margarine, sugar, and cinnamon together until they are smooth.

 Pour mixture over the apple crescents.
 Then pour the can of Mt. Dew over the top of them.  I know this sounds weird and just plain gross, but trust me on this...
 Then bake at 30 min. or until golden brown and eat 'em up.  The misfits absolutely go nuts over these.  They taste kind of like apple pie...with 1/3 of the effort.  We like to eat them while they are warm.

And just in case you are interested in an easy way to print out the recipe, here is the recipe card:
Happy baking!! If you make them, I'd love to hear about it!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I totally need to try this because T is huge on apple stuff. The Mountain Dew thing threw me for a second, but I trust you on it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!