Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hello October

Hello October.  So nice to see you.  Hello 60 degree mornings and 70 degree days in the sunshine.  I have missed you. When you live in South Carolina, there isn't much of a Fall...which is quite sad because it's my absolute favorite time of the year.  I love everything about it.  The crisp weather, pulling out the sweaters/hoodies, the changing leaves (which also are in short supply here), apples & pumpkins, hayrides, trick-or-treating,  hot apple cider or hot cocoa, lounging around in warm, comfy pj's for a better part of the day when it's gray outside, baking lots of yummy treats with my little misfits, and finally being able to comfortably exercise outdoors.  The hubby and I went on a 10 mile bike ride on Friday and it was glorious.  10 miles and I wasn't even sweaty!  It was cool and breezy and sunny.  Perfect day for a bike ride.  We have resolved to both get in better shape and that was our first joint effort.  Wish I could do it every day.  It's back to the elliptical tonight.  Not nearly as much fun.

So now that fall is here, I am kicking it into high gear with holiday preparations.  This is my first Work-In-Progress.

 It's an Advent Calendar.  I still have a bit of work to do, but the majority of the sewing is finished.  I love how this turned out. I had this grand idea of doing this last year but just did not have the time to get it done so it was first on my list for my holiday prep this year.  We used to have one when I was a kid and it was one of those traditions that I looked forward to every year.  I still have to add the part to hang it and I am going to print and laminate bible verses/stories to put in the pockets.  Can't wait to use it with the kids.


Here's a close up of the detail.  If there is interest, I can post a how-to or tutorial on how you can make one yourself. 

Coming up tomorrow-a recipe for a favorite fall treat!




  

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!