Friday, November 19, 2010

December Daily

Forgive me in advance for any emotional rambling that comes out today.  I lost my job today.  It came as a bit of a shock...and maybe it shouldn't have.  I worked for a doctor's office and recently the doctor decided to make some changes and stop accepting insurance and developed a system using sort of a menu of service options.  Well out of 5,000 patients, only 30 had signed up as of yesterday for the new program.  A couple weeks ago he assured me and the others working in the practice that our jobs were safe and we had no reason to be worried at all.  I believed he'd keep his word, so I didn't really bother with any preparation that I might be losing my job.  I had only been there for 6 months so I was the low man on the totem pole.  I went in for work this morning in a great mood, ready for the day and he dropped the bomb on me right when I got there before anyone else showed up. 

To say I'm overwhelmed is a bit of an understatement.  It's a month until Christmas.  We have 5 kids.  We are building a house that is to be completed in February.  It could all fall apart now with this.  I'm incredibly stressed out and worried about how we're going to make ends meet.  To top it all off, my husband is halfway around the world on a mission for work so I don't have him here to reassure me that things are going to be ok. 

I did manage to send in my application for unemployment this morning when I got home.  At least they have that all accessible online so I didn't have to go anywhere in all my puffy, red-faced, runny nosed, emotionally disasterous glory.  My poor babysitter.  I think I may have scared her **Sorry**. 

To make myself feel better, I did spend quite a bit of time working on some craft stuff...it always brightens my mood.
I started my December Daily.  Sort of.  I started gathering some supplies that I can use for it.  Designed a couple sheets of patterned paper, made some tags, etc and started on getting things printed and all in one place.  Here is a shot of some of the paper, including 3 of the ones that I made myself...


 
Mine of course are the ones on the top.  I have a thing for polka dots lately...I made a red one too...that one isn't in the picture.  And that damask print, yum.  Love it. 
These will all be trimmed down.  I can't decide how big I want the album to be.  Maybe 6x6...maybe 8x6...decisions decisions.  If you're not familiar with the December Daily concept, go check out Ali Edwards blog here

 I also made my first ever sock monkey.  Actually I made 2.  They aren't great,I don't think I used the best kind of socks for the project but my girls like them.  Here they are...
























Please ignore the hanging strings and such, I haven't had a chance to clean that all up because the misfits ran off with them as soon as I had all the pieces sewn together! 

I guess the good news is that I'll have a lot more time to keep this thing updated and to work on more designs! 


1 comment:

  1. I am so so sorry, hun, about your job...you're in my prayers...let me know if you need anything at all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!