Monday, November 22, 2010

Motivation Monday: Operation Fun with Kids & a new venture

It's Monday again, and lucky you!  Two posts from me in one day!!  Come on, admit it.  You know you look forward to it. 
So for Motivation Monday this week I'm all about the kiddos.  One of the things I was constantly complaining about when I was working was that there just weren't enough hours in the day and often playing with the kids just for the sake of some good old fashioned fun fell by the wayside because of other obligations and responsibilities.  You know...like homework, and eating, and bathing, and of course soccer.  Now that I'm at home for an unspecified amount of time, I have decided that I am going to make the most of it and have some fun with my kids. 

Painting, park days, movies snuggled up on the couch with some popcorn, makeovers, and painting their precious little fingernails and piggies to their hearts' content!  Of course, Little Miss will benefit from this slightly more than Miss Thing since she will be home with me all day, but I definitely intend to spread the love and play time. 

Also...been doing a little thinking on possibly extending myself a little bit and doing a little bit of child photography.  I definitely love kids, and love photography so kind of makes sense to branch out a bit and combine the two.  I've had some people ask in the past after seeing photos I've taken of my own kids and I've always been too busy.  So now may be a perfect time to try something new.   

Because seriously...how fun is it to capture moments like this??


and this??!

Miss Thing struggles with her self-confidence a bit because of some things we went through a few years ago and it made my insides go all warm and mushy when she looked at these photos and said, "Wow, I look BEAUTIFUL!!"  Yes.  Yes she does.  So thankful that I captured it and that she sees it in these photos, even if she doesn't quite see that she is this beautiful all the time yet...it's a start.  I intend to print these photos and display them in our home so that she has a reminder every time she walks by them.  Wouldn't it be awesome to have all kids see themselves that way?! 


Ok, so now it's your turn.  Head on over to Nain's blog and link up what's motivating you this week!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, what a beautiful picture of her! She looks so pretty and so grown up! And so confident! I love it :-)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!