Friday, December 31, 2010

The hassle of moving

Well we are FINALLY almost moved out of our house and into our temporary apartment. This move has been one headache after another like most moves generally are. It has been a bit of a learning experience going from a 4 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom apartment and a small storage unit. The worst part is that once we're done, it will be only a month or so before we are doing it again! Thankfully back into a house again.

Some things I've learned about myself on this move:

1. I'm stronger than I thought. I was able to help lift and move almost all of our furniture and take even the heaviest of it up a full flight of stairs. (Our apartment is 2nd floor).

2. I get REALLY frustrated when my body decides I can't push it any harder. Day 2 of the move and we were carrying a dresser up the stairs and we had to do it one stair at a time because I couldn't carry it. Brought me to tears because I wanted to just pick it up and I just couldn't do it. Hate it when something says I can't.

3. I love internet. I use it for everything. Having it unavailable to me drives me crazy. I'd rather be without TV.

4. I am spoiled beyond belief. I have this wonderful husband who works hard and we have lived in nice, big houses. Moving into a small apartment is hard. I don't have access to all of my stuff, the kids are constantly underfoot and the dog is restless. Its only been about 2 weeks and we're going crazy. Not to mention the noise from the people above us. A constant herd of elephants on the ceiling.
And our cable in the apartment sucks. It changes channels by itself and you can't just turn it on and have it work. No, no, you have to reset it. Then reset it again every time you change the channel. Definitely could do without tv.

Ok...whining over :)

If you made it through all that...this was just a quick post, typed out on my blackberry, to let you all know that I greatly appreciate your patience while I'm dealing with the fun of the move. Hope to be back to regular blogging very soon!! Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!