Monday, February 7, 2011

A week of cards

This week I am going to share a bunch of cards that I've made recently.  I don't have most of my craft supplies because of the move, but I did keep a bunch of stamps, ink, cardstock, and miscellaneous embellishments out so I could exercise a little bit of creative muscle while we were in our temporary home. 


This card is one that was inspired by one that Nichole Heady posted on her blog a few weeks ago.  I used the Friends 'Til the End stamp set for this one, some white and Spring Moss card stock, and Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate, and Raspberry Fizz ink.  The hearts are from the Papertrey Ink Heart Prints set and were punched out using the Marvy heart punches. I embellished the heart with some rhinestones from Queen & Co.


I liked the look of the card so much that I decided to make a bookmark with one of my favorite quotes with the same design.  Helped me use up some scrap paper too, which is always a good thing!
















Here they are together.  Cute, right?  The colors are so fresh and springy...I just feel cheerful when I look at it.   Here in SC it's easy to see that Spring is just around the corner because we've been enjoying some sunshine and warmer weather.  I know much of the midwest and other areas are buried under quite a bit of snow and ice, so maybe this project will make you feel a little springy too!

Happy Monday, Friends!



1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!