Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hi There


Hello friends!  I am happy to report that Ms. Irene didn't have much of an impact on where I live.  We had only a little bit of rain.  It only lasted about an hour or so and then we were in the clear.  Much more minor than everyone had anticipated.  The schools were closed at 11 a.m. on Friday due to potentially high winds, but we never saw any substantial wind.  The fact that they closed school had me in a little bit of a panic, though- I hurriedly brought all of our patio furniture and stuff that was on our deck into the garage so it wouldn't blow away.  All the effort was for nothing, though.  I suppose it did keep everything from getting wet... So that's something. 

I was doing a little experimenting with color and coming up with some new combinations because I tend to fall back in my tried and true ones.  This card is the result of that. 


Not a color combo that I would usually use, but I think it's pretty fun anyway.

The card base is Fine Linen, topped by some Melon Berry, both are from Papertrey Ink and can be found here.  Other colors used are Smokey Shadow and Aqua Mist also by PTI, and then Stampin Up colors Creamy Caramel and Baja Breeze, both of which I think are discontinued.  I'm not 100% sure because I haven't purchased any stampin' up stuff since I discovered Papertrey.

Stamps: Papertrey Ink:  Sending You, Mat Stack 2, and Mega Mixed Messages
Ink:  Papertrey Ink: Melon Berry, Smokey Shadow.  Stampin Up!: Baja Breeze, Creamy Caramel
Paper:  Papertrey Ink:  Fine Linen, Melon Berry, Smokey Shadow, Aqua Mist..  Stampin' Up!:  White
Other:  Dies: Papertrey Ink.  Rhinestones- Doodlebug Designs


In other news, our 4-legged-friend, Geno, has been nothing but naughty since his Daddy left for his deployment.  I'm only at work for a couple of hours every day, so he really shouldn't be getting into any trouble while I'm away.  But he manages to do just that.  On a daily basis now.  He might need to be shipped off to boot camp or something until daddy gets back!  While the hubby denies that this is his dog...Geno is determined to prove otherwise.  Wish me luck!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!