Thursday, August 11, 2011

Some creative play

There has been a craft shortage this summer in my house.  Things have just been a little crazy, as life around here tends to be, and I let it fall by the wayside.  A summer as a stay-at-home mom was fantastic, but also gave me a means to sleep in ( YES!), spend lazy days at the beach, take naps, and do lots and lots of photo shoots which in turn lead to lots and lots of editing.  So most of the time I normally have available to me for creative stuff was used up with photography and edits.  This also lead to a build up of cobwebs here on the blog.  Sorry to those that check in on a regular basis.  I suck. I am really going to try to get on a regular posting schedule.  It's a goal of mine for the school year.

 So the other night, the mister decided he wanted to play the wii.  I happily scurried up to my office and rallied up a bunch of supplies and lugged them down to the living room for some creative play.  I whipped up a couple of cards...



This chevron set is one of my favorites this year so far.  I just love chevron.

Stamps:  Papertrey Ink: Background Basics: Chevron, Heart Prints, Mat Stack 2 Collection, and Let Freedom Ring
Paper:  Papertrey Ink: Kraft, Raspberry Fizz       Stampin' Up: Soft Sky, White
Ink:  Stampin' Up: Baja Breeze, Real Red, Chocolate Chip
Misc:  Swiss Dot Cuttlebug Embossing folder; Papertrey Ink Mat Stack 4 Die, Paper Shapers large heart bunch




I'm partial to these colors because they were our wedding colors.  So I use them in projects quite a bit.  (Aside from the fact that I'm already pretty obsessed with Kraft paper...)

Stamps:  Papertrey Ink: Heart Prints and Sending You
Paper:  Stampin Up: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, White; Papertrey Ink: Kraft
Ink:  Stampin Up: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip
Other:  Button-Papertrey Ink, Doily, twine, Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder, Papertrey Ink Mat Stack 4 Die, Stampin' Up Dimensionals, decorative edge scissors


yes, the sentiment is crooked on this one.  I almost threw it away and started over...but the person this is intended for won't notice so, I didn't waste the time to redo the whole thing! Really love the look of the red on the kraft.

Stamps:  Papertrey Ink:  Heart Prints, Polka Dot Basics
Paper:  Papertrey Ink: Pure Poppy, Kraft, and Fine Linen   Stampin' Up: Chocolate Chip
Ink: Stampin Up: Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel
Misc:  Papershapers Large and small heart



That's all today, folks!  Not bad for some stolen craft time, I'd say.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!