Thursday, September 29, 2011

Feeling inspired

I've been in a bit of a creative slump lately.  Most likely because my time for creativity is super minimal.  I was doing a little cleaning and came across a bunch of magazine pages that I hard torn out for artistic inspiration.  I had intended to create a book to keep them in, but it kept getting knocked off the list of things to do when bigger, more pressing matters came up and I never got around to it.  They've been living in a drawer in my office/studio.

This one in particular stood out to me and I was immediately sucked in.  I had to do something with it.  


See the two pairs of red shoes?  They inspired these two cards... I apologize for the bad photos, it was dark out side, so not the best light!



All Papertrey Ink stuff on these with the exception of the black and red ink and the canvas background stamp, and the sort of ticket shaped label stamp, (both of which are Stampin Up!) used on the card below.  

This first one is obviously going with the colors scheme and the florals.  I used the damask stamp to mimic the dark red pattern on the mostly solid red shoes.  I tried to keep these pretty simple because the super bulky cards are hard to mail and I like to send these out in the snail mail.

Paper:  Pure Poppy, White, Kraft 
Ink:  Scarlet Jewel, Chamomile Tea Dye, Black, and Ruby Red
Stamps: Damask Designs, Flower Fusion #1, Wedding Day
Accents/Tools:  Buttons, Limitless Layers Die



Stamps:  Damask Designs, Flower Fusion #1 and above mentioned background stamp and label from Stampin' Up that are no longer available as far as I know because I've had them a few years.
Ink:  Ruby Red and black from Stampin Up, chamomile tea dye and scarlet jewel from PTI
Paper, Pure Poppy, white, Black, and Kraft
Accents:  Button and Beautiful Blooms II #1 die collection from PTI, twine was purchased at AC Moore

Do you have something unique that inspires you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!