Sunday, September 18, 2011

Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger

I find myself saying this constantly, but time sure does get away from me in a hurry these days!  I seem to need just a few more hours in the day, but considering the hours I already keep, it's pretty much impossible.  

I have been keeping very busy, which is why my interpretation of the Tuesday Trigger inspiration photo isn't being posted until the very last day of the deadline.  I'm surprised I'm making it at all to be completely honest, but the misfits are playing peacefully so I've been able to sneak up to my studio and have a little fun.  

The Tuesday Trigger challenge is to create a project inspired by this photo:


I was inspired by the green pattern on the upholstery of the chair, and used that as the jumping off point for my card.  The card base is white cardstock (from Stampin' Up!).  I created the background using an old Stampin' Up ink called Wild Wasabi and a Papertrey Ink stamp from the set Background Basics: Retro.
I topped that with a strip of Baja Breeze cardstock (another Stampin' Up! oldie) and embossed some lines in another piece of white cardstock to mimic the detail on the chair.  
Then I took a piece of Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip cardstock and die cut it using a Mat Stack Die from Papertrey Ink and ran that through my paper crimper.  (See the edge of the table?)
Some more Papertrey Ink dies were used to cut the remaining pieces and the Papertrey Sending You stamp set was used for the sentiment and leaf images.  


And there you have it...my take on the Tuesday Trigger.  You can find the challenge details here, but hurry! Today is the last day!!

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!

 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Erika! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!