Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Creating...

Hey there!
 Happy Tuesday to you!  I hope you are having a wonderful week.  I'm just doing a quick pop-in to share a card I created recently.
 


 These colors make me oh so happy!  I actually was inspired by a photo that I found on pinterest and went with that for my color scheme.  I am a major pinterest addict.  I just might need  a support group.  Seriously.  The mister would most certainly agree.

Anyway, back to the card.  Last month, I purchased the Rosie Posie stamp set from Papertrey ink.  I just knew I had to have it the moment I saw the first sneak peek.  I have always adored Amy Butler fabrics, and this stamp set was designed with that style in mind.  It was the first thing in my cart on release day and I am happy to say that I've used it at least a dozen times since I got it.  Definitely one of my favorites!  As is the Background Basics Chevron- also used on this card.  Big happy sigh from me with this one.  Here's a closer view of the flowers:
 

I raided my stash of old Stampin' up cardstock for this one because the Papertrey Plum Pudding just didn't match what I had in mind.  I ended up choosing Lovely Lilac for the card base.  I topped that with some white cardstock stamped using the PTI Chevron background set and stamped that in Lovely Lilac, Orchid Opulence, Soft Sky,  and Old Olive from Stampin' Up, and Spring moss from PTI in a pattern.  Next, I cut a piece of Dotti Biscotti patterned paper to make the sentiment stand out a bit more.  I die cut the flowers from Rosie Posie and then stamped them and used dimensionals to adhere them to the Mat Stack 4 die cut. I used the Signature Series Cupcake stamp set for the sweet sentiment and that was it.  Quick and easy, just the way I like them to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!