Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Make It Monday #61

Well, here I am once again dusting cobwebs off of my blog.  Motivated yet again by Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday challenge (and a husband who is working til 3:00 a.m tonight) to get my hands dirty in the office with a little bit of creative play.

The challenge this week was to use non-flower dies to create a flower on a card.  Here is my take on the challenge:


The card deets:

Stamps:  Script Sentiments Stamp Set by Papertrey Ink
Cardstock:  Stampers Select White; Kraft, Harvest Gold, Berry Sorbet- Papertrey Ink
Dies:  Limitless Layers 1 3/4" circle  die collection, Photo Finish Strips Die Collection- Papertrey Ink
Other:  Rhinestones by Queen and Co., Button by Papertrey Ink, Embroidery Floss, Scor-tape

I chose to use the photo finish strip dies to create my flower.  I die cut the shape 8 times, snipped off the straight "strip" ends, and then adhered them to a circle die from the limitless layers collection.  I then topped the flower with another limitless layers scalloped circle in Berry Sorbet cardstock as a mat for the white circle.  The button and rhinestones topped off the flower center.  The sentiment was stamped in Berry Sorbet Ink and then the strip of white cardstock was scored using my scor-pal for a little visual interest and texture.  

Quick and easy, just what I needed to wind down from the day.  I was a chaperone for Hayley's class on a field trip to Cypress Gardens today.  We had a wonderful day, but riding a bus with 52 kindergarteners was a little much for me.  I came home with a headache that I quickly treated with a nice nap!  

Here's a photo I snapped of my little cutie right after our canoe ride on the swamp.  

We didn't get to see any alligators (thank goodness!!) while we were in the boats, just lots of lily pads, water lilies, and turtles.  My group was very nervous that an alligator would jump in the boat so they were all a bit antsy, which caused our little boat to rock quite a bit.  I was more afraid of the boat flipping over in the middle of the swamp and the creatures under that black water than seeing an alligator from a distance (this mama doesn't do snakes!), but it all turned out just fine and we survived.  Saw some beautiful butterflies in the butterfly house, and learned about the life cycle of the butterfly, dug for some fossils (H brought home a shark tooth), and had a nice lunch to end the trip.  

I still have more than 1500 photos to go through from our family vacation to Disney World, so stay tuned for some highlights from our spring break vacation- we had an amazing time! More cards to come as well!

Don't forget to hop on over to Nichole's blog to check out all the other challenge participants' work as well-Toodle-oo for now- it's time for bed!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!