Thursday, April 19, 2012

Make It Monday #62

Hello again, friends!
 
I am back again to share my take on this week's Make It Monday challenge over at Nichole Heady's blog for Papertrey Ink.  

This week's challenge was a Step It Up: Layering challenge.  I think this concept is a lot of fun.  I don't always have a ton of time to stamp, so the single layer cards come together quickly and easily and I love that.  But sometimes you just want to get your hands dirty and really get into something more in-depth, and this technique allows you to do that by using the single layer card to inspire a multi-layered one.  

Here is my take on this week's challenge- both cards side by side:


The single layer card:



And the multi-layer:



So fun to just dig into some supplies and just play around.  

For these cards I used all Papertrey Ink Supplies except the black and white striped washi tape is Smash tape from EK Success, Rhinestones are by Queen and Co, and the yellow patterned paper is by American Crafts.  The stamp sets are Beautiful Butterflies and Background Basics Circles.  Ink colors are Harvest Gold, Berry Sorbet, True Black, and Hawaiian Shores.


3 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I really love both versions. I never seem to do well at one layer cards, but your stepped-down version is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job-I love the first one and you really did "step it up" with the second! Happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card with the butterflies! I find one-layer cards kind of difficult - your's is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!