Saturday, May 5, 2012

Make It Monday #64

Hey Guys!! It's that time again!
Time for my weekly post for PTI's Make it Monday challenge!!

This week's challenge was all about using color inspiration.  I chose this as my inspiration photo:

I just LOVE these colors.  I actually painted my studio Hawaiian Shores unintentionally :-).  After we finished painting it, I had a sheet of cardstock out to play with and held it up and it's pretty much the exact same color.  It just makes me happy.  

Anyway, here is my entry this week:


I used a Fine Linen card base and topped that with an off-white panel.  I stamped the circles image from Background Basics: Circles in Berry Sorbet and then added the sentiment from the Half and Half stamp set in Aqua Mist ink.
I used the Mat Stack #4 die and the coordinating layerz die using Aqua Mist cardstock.  I first die cut the layerz size and then centered the original #4 on that die cut and made the outline.  I cut a second #4 from Hawaiian Shores and put it inside the outline I created from the Aqua mist.  The Notched Flowers die was used to create the two flowers.  I stamped each piece with the Year of Flowers Mums large flower image in Berry Sorbet and then topped that off with a spring moss button that was finished with a Queen and Co. gemstone.   To incorporate the Simply Chartruese, I cut some leaves using the Turning a New Leaf dies and tore off a few of the leaves and tucked them in behind the flowers.

I really love the effect of the mums image on those notched flowers.  I'm such a sucker for the flower outlines :-) !

That's all for today- my hubby just came home from a mission so I'm off to spend some quality time with him. Happy weekend!!


2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card- just like the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your card! Love how you nested the mat dies, used the circle border, and stamped a floral on your flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!