Friday, May 11, 2012

Make it Monday #65

What a fun challenge this week over at Nichole's blog!

I'm excited that I was able to play along before Sunday this time! I suppose that's what happens when the school nurse calls and says that your child needs to be picked up.  I picked her up and she doesn't have a fever, just a headache and a little cough.  Grrr!  She really could've stayed at school.  Instead, she's parked herself on the couch and is catching up on Once Upon a Time.

I decided to catch up on some house work and chores and then sneak off to my studio for a quick stamping session.  These Make it Monday challenges are so perfect for that.  An assignment takes the guesswork out of where to start! Love that!

So this week's challenge was to create a background using patterned paper scraps.

Here is my take on the challenge:



I chose to use Aqua Mist, Summer Sunrise, and Stampin' Up's Chocolate Chip as my color palette for this card.  The background was created from mostly patterned papers, but the woodgrain one is actually a stamped scrap piece of paper that is a leftover from another project.  It was stamped using the Background Basics Woodgrain stamp set in Chocolate chip ink on white cardstock.  .  

Like Dawn did in her video, I adhered all of my patterned pieces of paper to piece of cardstock to help with lining them up.  The pieces I chose are from the Aqua Mist patterned paper pack, and the Distressed Dots and Bitty Dots paper packs. I stuck a small scrap of chocolate chip cardstock in there as well just to add a little more brown.  

I topped my scrap strips panel with a Mat Stack 4 die that I ran through my paper crimper twice- once length-wise and then again width-wise to get that cross hatch pattern.  I then used the double ended banner die to cut the banner, and stamped my sentiment from Framed Out #3 and added a simple little pearl.  Then I attached my flowers that were stamped using Hawaiian Shores Ink (to pull the darker color from the patterned paper) and Chocolate Chip (SU).  The flower with the leaves on it was actually in my junk pile because I stamped the leaves in the wrong spot around the flower, but I figured I might as well use it up :-) The individual pieces of this card are popped up using foam adhesive so there is a lot of dimension.  Here is a close up picture so you can see...  




That's all for today, my dears!  I'm off to see if my "sick" kiddo needs anything! 




1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!