Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Love Challenge over at Moxie Fab

I happened to be browsing through some favorite blogs during my lunch break at work today and made a stop over at the Moxie Fab blog for Papercrafts, and there are a whole bunch of challenges going on over there in celebration of the new Stamp It: Cards magazine. 

The first of those challenges is to create a love card where stamping is the main technique.  Right up my alley.      So here is my card for the Stamp It Cards Love Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  Wanna play?  Click that link!  


Again, forgive the grainy picture.  Any time I have time to be creative it's usually after my kiddos have gone to bed and it's dark outside.  

I had some fun with this one.  Went a little outside my box and did a square card and I used a scrapbook layout that I love and had pinned on Pinterest as my layout inspiration.  ALL of the supplies used on this one are from Papertrey Ink, with the exception of the brown ink, which is Stampin Up Chocolate Chip, and my heart punches (all EK Success).  

While I did do a whole lot of die cutting for this card, I also did a whole lot of stamping.  My main image is from the Love and Marriage stamp set.  I love that tree.  I stamped it in Chocolate Chip ink and then added a little heart to the trunk using a small EK Success punch out of Orange Zest cardstock.  
Next, I die cut the I love you letters with the Block Alphabet Die collection and then stamped them in Orange Zest ink using the smaller houndstooth pattern from Background Basics: Houndstooth.  I used the Modern Wood Mats Stamp set to do the woodgrain circle in chocolate chip ink and die cut it and the scalloped circle using the 1 3/4 inch limitless layers circle die collection out of white cardstock.  The hearts were stamped from Simply Chartruese, Orange Zest, and Summer Sunrise ink using the Heart Prints Stamp Set and then punched using the small heart EK success punch that can also be purchased at Papertrey.  

To add a little more detail to the background, I added some scrap strips of paper in coordinating colors and then adhered all of my elements to the card base.  Then I used some Kraft Ink and stamped the "You Complete Me" sentiment from Love and Marriage all around the I love you, masking around the images as needed.  And that's all there is to it.  Lots of dies and lots of stamps, but a lot of fun!  My office is a disaster, so it must've been fun, right?!

Going to link this one up for the handmade embellishments challenge over at Nichole's blog too. :-)

Well, I'm off to go clean up in there...looks like a little tornado hit! 




7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! I love the colours you picked and the adorable stamped tree with the little red heart. Super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you used a scrapbook layout for your card. I avoid scrapbooking-you have given me new eyes! Very cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely! M x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! I love all of the elements and your composition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Erika! Thanks for linking this up to the Love Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!