Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Make It Monday #72: Step it up Embellishments

Hello again to you!

This week's Make It Monday challenge over on Nichole's blog was done by none other than my all time favorite, Dawn McVey.  Her challenges are always a lot of fun and this one was no exception to that.  This week the challenge is to Step up using embellishments.

I made 2 cards; one normal and one "stepped up" version.  I decided to pull out an older Dawn designed set, Scattered Showers for this one.  Love these cute little umbrellas!

So here is my normal card (again I apologize for the iphone photos)


I chose to use Raspberry Fizz, Royal Velvet, and Aqua mist as my color scheme.  These colors just make me happy.  As you can see I kept this one pretty simple.  I stamped the sentiment directly onto my main panel and then die cut and stamped the umbrellas and adhered them to the card base using foam adhesive.  Easy Peasy.

Now on to the stepped up version:



This is essentially the same card only with a little oomph.  I used the chevron die to do the tone on tone back ground and stamped my sentiment on a piece of vellum cardstock and added some scoring detail.  The umbrellas were still adhered using foam adhesive, but the middle pink umbrella got some extra bling and was popped up a bit more than the other elements on this version.

Here they are side by side:


And there you have it.  Another really fun challenge!


2 comments:

  1. Rick rack dies used for rain! I love it. great job on the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!