Monday, June 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink June Blog Hop

I'm back!  

I know, I know...I have made as many attempts at blogging "comebacks" as Lindsey Lohan has made at attempting rehab, BUT alas, I am back again. I'll try to be better this time.  I promise.  I do need a bit more distraction these days, so you really just never know *wink*.  Anyway, thanks for sticking around and checking back to see what I am up to.

 Tonight I am here to share my take on the Papertrey Ink June Blog Hop Challenge.  I fell in love with the challenge photo when it was first posted and started playing around a little bit with some potential background patterns. I mixed and matched a few different stamp sets and then fell back on my old favorite, Rosie Posie.  I was immediately drawn to that set when I saw the challenge picture:
Sigh.  I just love Amy Butler fabric.  And you just can't go wrong with ruffles.  Seriously.  So anyway, I was trying to navigate away from my comfort zone on this and I just wasn't loving the results and ended up coming back to where I started.  Rosie Posie.  I love her.  I really would use it on everything if I didn't think people would grow tired of it.  So anyway...here is the card I created that was inspired by the above image.


I started with a white standard sized card base.  I topped that with an aqua mist panel that I stamped with New Leaf and Aqua Mist inks using the Rosie Posie stamp set.  Please forgive my indoor, badly lit iphone photo.  My other camera wasn't upstairs and to be honest I just didn't feel like going all the way down there to get it. :-) 

To mimic the ruffles, I used my paper crimper and crimped a piece of Harvest Gold Cardstock and a piece of White cardstock and stacked them on top of each other.  Then I die cut a banner from double ended  banners die and placed it on top and stacked on my embellishment/sentiment.  And bling.  Can't forget the bling.  

So that's my take on the challenge.  Go check out Nichole Heady's blog and see all of the other beautiful cards that were inspired by that photo.  

G'night friends!!



3 comments:

  1. Great take on the inspiration - love all of your stamping! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rosie Posie, too! And I do use it a lot more than I think people want to see it, LOL! Your card is gorgeous, Erika!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Great stamped background and I love how you crimped the cardstock strips!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!