Monday, February 11, 2013

Color Challenge

Ever have one of those days that the universe just seems to be conspiring against you?  Yeah...that was my day today.  Monday, Monday...we are sooo not on speaking terms this week.  Our water heater went out, our dog went into heat 2 weeks before her spay appointment, our sunroom door is leaking, I had a super stressful day at work, my needle-phobic 6 year old now needs to have some blood work done to try to find the cause of the hives that won't go away, and my hubster won't be home for Valentine's day for I think the 5th year in a row.  Boo to today.  BUT...I did get a pick-me-up from Nichole's blog today when I saw that she posted a color challenge.  Yay!!  And even better that I've squeezed in some time to actually get to play and be a part of the contest.  Not typical during the work week, but after the horrendous day I had, a little time in the studio was just the therapy I needed.

I chose Color Combination #1.  Truth be told, I want to do something with ALL of them, but it's nearly 11 pm and this girl has to be up at 5 am.  I had hoped to start at the top of the list and work my way down, but since I got a late start, just one for tonight it is.
When I pulled out these colors from my cardstock stacks, I was immediately drawn to the soft blues and yellow and it made me think of babies.  I do have babies on the brain because I REALLY want to have another one, and because I'm 10 weeks away from becoming an Aunt again to my 6th Nephew, AND about 100 of my friends are all expecting so baby cards are in high demand around here!


I used the images from the Sweet Baby Stamp set and dies.  That giraffe just kills me.  So stinkin' adorable.  
I also added Kraft and Vintage cream as my neutrals for the card. 




I felt like it needed a little sparkle, so I added some scor-tape and topped that with some Recollections Fine Glitter in "Snow".  I die cut the "baby" using some bitty dot paper and the block alphabet die set.

Thank you Nichole for salvaging my Monday with a super fun challenge! Goodnight all!


1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!