Sunday, February 10, 2013

Papertrey Ink Anniversary Countdown Contest- Post 1

It's anniversary time for my favorite stamp company- Papertrey Ink; happy 6 years, PTI!  I absolutely love countdown week, but even better during anniversary time because Nichole Heady posts tons of challenges and contests on her blog along with all of the new releases.  Double the fun!

I had to miss several of the challenges that she has already posted over the past week due to my hectic work schedule, but I squeezed in some time to make 2 cards for today's sketch challenge.


For my first card, I chose sketch #1.  I decided to shake it up a little bit and turned the squares so they were diamonds and made my flower accent larger in scale.

I started with a Kraft cardstock base.  I topped that with a piece of vintage cream cardstock that I inked up with Winter Wisteria ink and a sponge.  I die cut the frames from Framed Out #2 and stamped those with Winter Wisteria, Spring Rain, and Limeade ice inks.  I adhered them to the vintage cream base using score tape.  I then created the large flower using the Beautiful Blooms II #1 die set on Winter Wisteria Cardstock.  I inked the edges of the flower to add a little dimension and folded the edges up just slightly. I added a little sparkle with a Queen and company jewel on top of the stacked Spring Moss and Spring Rain buttons. The polka dot washi tape that I found at Target is a perfect match to the Winter Wisteria.
 I then stamped the sentiment from Script Sentiments in Limeade Ice.
This card came together in about 10 minutes.  I {heart} sketches!!

See my next post for my take on sketch #4!



1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely gorgerous. Love it so much. And what a good idea to used the Frame It's in that way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!