Monday, February 25, 2013

Papertrey Ink February Blog Hop

For those of you that are new around here- Welcome!  This is my very first time participating in a Papertrey Ink Blog Hop! I've been a follower for a long time, but I never seem to time it right to play along.  I marked it on my calendar for this month so I wouldn't forget!

I was really excited to make something to go along with the monogram theme.  I am a big fan of monograms.  And chevron.  And the color turquoise.  And lucky for me, so is my 11 year old daughter.  I created a set of note cards for her to send notes to Grandma, her cousins, or her friends at school.



I started out with a standard A2 size piece of white cardstock.  I just did a single layer for this, not a folded card base.
I stamped the chevron stripes from Background Basics Chevron Stripes in Smokey Shadow Ink and then added a piece of turquoise Washi tape.  I picked it up in a pack of 4 from Target a few months ago.
To create the Monogram panel, I used some of the Limitless Layer Oval Dies and die cut the scalloped oval from Smokey Shadow cardstock and the oval from white cardstock.  I stamped the C using Hawaiian Shores Ink using the new Headline Alphabet Set that was just released this month.  The flourishes were from the Mat Stack 5 collection Stamp set and stamped on either side of the "C" in Smokey Shadow ink.
I adhered the ovals together and then attached them to the card base using dimensional adhesive.


And here they are as a group.  I can't wait to give these to my daughter! I know she is going to love the personalization!

This was a very quick and easy project and it was so simple to mass produce to create a little "just because" gift.

Now I'm off to see what everyone else that is participating created! 


6 comments:

  1. Love the gray and turquoise combination! Hope that your daughter enjoys her "just because" gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning design and color combo. Love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! That would be a fabulous gift for someone!! The colors are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are beautiful note cards - love the clean & graphic design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous monogram notes--you've inspired me & I'm pinning this for future reference!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!