Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sketch Challenge Post #2

For my second entry to the sketch challenge, I chose Sketch #4:

For this card, I raided my scrap bin and found a card front that I had heat embossed using Damask Designs. The embossing powder was a little smeared, so this one ended up in my scraps. Since my hubby is going to be the recipient of this card, I knew he would probably not even notice the embossing powder oops and decided to just use it up.

The Smokey Shadow cardbase was embossed with Black embossing powder.  I used the new Limeade Ice cardstock to create the focal point on this card.  I die cut a piece of white cardstock using the Half & Half dies and cut a slit in my Limeade Ice panel to slide the white cardstock through. Saving paper and still getting the look I wanted.  I used a bit of Washi Tape from my Smash Book- I just love those polka dots.  I stamped the sentiment from Sending My Love in black ink and then stamped the large heart image from Framed Out #11 in Raspberry Fizz and Limeade Ice.  I used a couple little jewels from Queen and Co to finish it off and adhered the hearts with dimensional adhesive.

Limeade ice and black are amazing together.  So fun and bold.  { Sigh.}

I had so much fun creating these cards for the challenge.  Stop by Nichole's blog to check out the festivities for their anniversary countdown.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!