Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Watercolor Part II

Welcome back!!

For this card, I went a little messier.  I used the same method for picking up the color as my previous post-- stamping the ink pad directly onto my acrylic block and then using a wet paint brush and dipped it in the ink on my block. But this time, instead of just painting in streaks or splatters, I set the brush onto the paper and then did a twisting motion creating sort of sloppy circles.

 I really liked the way they weren't all uniform in size and shape.  I used Royal Velvet, Hawaiian Shores, and Limeade Ice inks and randomly made the circle "pattern" all over the cardstock.  Once it was dry, I stamped one of the swirls from Fancy Flourishes in Hawaiian Shores ink and die cut a butterfly from Beautiful Butterflies.  The butterfly was stamped in Royal Velvet on Vintage cream cardstock and attached to the card with dimensional adhesive.  I folded the wings up a bit for some added flair.

I found the glitter tape at Michaels on clearance last fall and it's a perfect match for the Winter Wisteria paper.

Next, I used a scrap of white cardstock from another project and did a little watercoloring with Limeade Ice Ink and then stamped the sentiment also from Beautiful Butterflies on top in black ink.  Topped that off with some brads from Making Memories and adhered it all together with dimensional adhesive and scor-tape.

This card and the one from my previous post came together so quickly and I am so happy with the results.  I have a feeling that I'll be using this technique a lot more often!

Thanks for stopping by- make sure to go check out Nichole's blog for more fun watercolor inspiration!





1 comment:

  1. So pretty!! Love the colors and the watercolor background is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!