Thursday, April 25, 2013

PTI April 2013 Blog Hop

Happy Thursday, Lovelies!

It's "technically" my Friday today- off work tomorrow to go to Bee City with a whole bus load of first graders.  I'm so excited to spend the day with Hayley and her friends exploring an attraction in the area that I haven't been to yet! Hayley has been before on a field trip, but this will be my first time. I'll be sharing some pictures of that adventure sometime this weekend.  Please keep your fingers and toes crossed that it doesn't rain.  I was COMPLETELY soaked today picking her up from after school care.  Torrential downpour.  I don't wear "Drowned Rat" very well...it wasn't pretty.  But then, we pulled into the driveway and had a rainbow waiting for us just behind our house.  I couldn't let that go by without getting a quick picture-


Made my day completely better.  Pretty powerful things those rainbows.

Anyway... it's time for the April Blog Hop over at Nichole's blog.  This month's theme was "Tilted". .





I started out with a white standard A2 size card base.  I then created the main white panel by stamping the Happy sentiment from Celebrations in a repeated pattern using Soft Stone and Limemade Ice on a slant.  The large sentiment from Stylish Sentiments: Birthday was stamped on top of that with Smokey Shadow ink. I then die cut the flowers, leaves, and rick rack borders.  I stacked the two rick rack border die cuts on top of one another and adhered those to my base panel.  I then stamped the Rosie Posie flowers first in Berry Sorbet and then topped that with the detail images from Rosie Posie Step 2.  Can I just say...I LOVE this step 2 set and how amazing the images look put together.  I'm going to be using it a lot, I just know it.  Makes me love my Rosie Posie set so much more!
I adhered the flowers and leaves to the card using dimensional adhesive and finished them off with a couple of rhinestones.

I used all Papertrey Ink products, with the exception of the little gem stones.  Those are from Queen and Co.

Cardstock:
White
Smokey Shadow
Limeade Ice

Ink:
Limemade Ice
Soft Stone
Smokey Shadow
Berry Sorbet
Rasberry Fizz
Simply chartreuse

Stamps:
Celebrations
Rosie Posie
Rosie Posie Step 2
Stylish Sentiments: Birthday

Dies:
Rosie Posie
Rick Rack border Die

I apologize for the short, to the point post- gotta get up early for our big Field Trip day! Unfortunately grocery shopping took up far too much valuable time this afternoon after work...gotta love a Walmart trip with the kiddos.  Or...NOT! *wink*

Hope everyone has a wonderful beginning to their Friday tomorrow!

XOXO

7 comments:

  1. WoW!! Such a BEAUTIFUL Card!! This is such a FUN Design!! I LOVE your take on the Tilted Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Weekend!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Erika! Your design captures this challenge and the collage technique beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way fun!! You totally rocked the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you stamped the happy background and hilighted it in gold. Especially love your floral grounded with the Rick rack. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this card, especially your color combination. JUST.GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!