Monday, September 23, 2013

From the bottom of my heart

Wow.  Just wow.  Thank you thank you thank you to all of you who have stopped by the past few days and left comments and well wishes for my daughter after my last post.  You all are awesome!!  My family and I appreciate you and your prayers and thoughts more than I can even say!  I'm very touched, and very thrilled to hear that many of you have gone through the same type of thing with your children and it turned out to not be a big deal.  So from the bottom of my heart, thank you!

A little weekend recap for us around here-

You know how they say that little boys are basically made of dirt?  Well...Miss Hayley gave them a run for their money this weekend.  This child was outside ALL weekend- which I love, by the way- with her neighborhood friends.  She was reminding me of what I was like when I was little running in and out of the house only to grab a quick drink unless we had called her in for lunch or dinner and then having the dirtiest feet I think I have ever seen when she came in from playing in the yard and at the park right behind our house.  Amazing.  The weather was PERFECT! Cait got out and did some running and basketball drills outside to take advantage of how nice it was outside too.

As for myself and the mister?  Well we got to clean the garage.  Woohoo.  You're jealous, right?

We are in a much smaller home here on base than our off-base home we own back in Charleston, so our garage is home to all of the stuff that just doesn't have a place here in this house.  Many of my crafty items, some extra furniture, workout equipment, etc. My sweet husband helped me tear the garage apart last week trying to find my Silhouette Cameo- we found it! WOOHOO! (of course in a box that was labeled "puzzles & games"-- something that would make you think craft supplies, right?)- So it was only fair that I spend some time helping him put it back together.  And it looks way better in there now.  We spend a lot of time out there now that our treadmill and indoor trainer are out there.  We have a tv and stuff set up out there too to make the workouts go by faster.  I spent some quality time out there yesterday doing a 12.3 mile bike ride on the indoor trainer.  Paying for it today.  Would be really really nice to have one of those inflatable donut pillows to sit on today, hee hee.

We watched a lot of football- GO COLTS! And wow that Pittsburgh/Chicago game was painful to watch- I can't even imagine how the Steelers fans could have managed to sit through the whole thing.  I was born in Chicago so I always cheer for them when my Colts aren't playing- I'm glad they won, but ouch to poor Ben Roethlisberger.

And that was basically all that happened around here.  Lots of outside time, lots of cleaning, lots of football.

Coming up late this week- my sister is turning 34, which leads me to my crafty share for the day-

Here is a birthday card that I put together-



I was inspired by how Maile Belles has been showcasing patterns under a white panel on many of her cards recently.  I decided to try it out and used some papers from my My Minds Eye patterned paper pads.  The pads are 6x6 so a great size for projects like this.

































I stamped one of the sentiments from Stylish Sentiments: Birthday onto the white panel before adhering it to the card base with dimensional adhesive.  I also added a little strip of chocolate chip cardstock on the edge to give it a little extra pop from the patterned papers underneath.












































Supplies:
Paper: Stampers Select White- Papertrey Ink, Chocolate Chip- Stampin' Up, Patterned papers from My Minds Eye- Fine and Dandy  6x6 paper pad 
Ink:  Chocolate Chip- Stampin' Up, Aqua mist, & Summer Sunrise- Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Stylish Sentiments: Birthday, & Star Prints- Papertrey Ink

Now I'm off to go back some M&M cookies using a recipe I found on Pinterest from Picky Palate.  I hope mine turn out as well as the ones in her picture look! Nothing like blowing a good workout with some yummy cookies, right?  ;-)

Happy Monday, and Happy FALL!!!



3 comments:

  1. Ok, so I need to go back because I must have no idea what is going on...is everything okay???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Your sister is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!