Monday, September 16, 2013

Make It Monday #132

My alarm clock was my mortal enemy this morning.  So tired.  But instead of smacking it and putting my pillow back over my head (like I may or may not have done yesterday), I did the responsible thing and got myself out of bed and made my way down the hall all bleary-eyed and half-blind by sleepyness and woke the girls up.  They too put up a bit of a fight this morning.  You have to watch out for my oldest...she has this  morning kung-fu when you try to wake her up.  My friends and family would say she gets that from me.  My ninja skills, though, are not strong until after 9 am, so it's interesting in the mornings to say the least.  I did manage to get them up, dressed, fed, lunches packed, and out the door on time, even though I slept a good 45 minutes longer than usual.  Winning!

Mom job finished for the morning, on to other things like feeding the dog who will literally jump up and sit in my lap and lick me in the face until I feed her- yeah...she's like 65 lbs.  Not a baby, and definitely not a dummy because she knows who feeds her and she has perfected this method of getting what she wants over the past 2 years.  Sit and be cute only works when she's in trouble.  Lick mama in the face because she doesn't like it, and she'll get up.  She does this when she wants me to play ball too.  Spoiled dog.  But hey, at least she's cute.

Then the hubby gets up and goes for a 3 mile run followed by some sit-ups and push-ups.  He's in training for both his upcoming PT test and his 2nd ironman race next month.  Way to make me feel like a slacker.  But again, hey...at least he's cute. :-)

My morning was not completely a waste, though.  I did put together a card for the new Make it Monday video over at Nichole Heady's blog.  This week's video was about layered border die cuts.


I chose to use the Filigree Border Die and the Heart border die.  I die cut them out of kraft, vintage cream, and melon berry and then assembled them on a vintage cream base.


I added a sentiment from Love & Marriage and then punched, stamped, and embossed one of the heart images from the Heart Prints set.  It's an old one, but one that I reach for a lot.  Who doesn't love hearts?

Here's a view from the bottom so you can see all that layer-y goodness.  I added the pearls for just a little something.  

So that's my take on this week's Make it Monday.  I have lots of scraps left over from all those die cuts, so I might put together a little tag or something too.  

Have a wonderful Monday- hope your week is off to a great start!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Melon Berry, White, Kraft- all from PTI
Stamps: Heart Prints, Love & Marriage- both from PTI
Ink: Melon Berry (PTI) and Versamark
Other:  Dies- Filigree Border & Heart Border from PTI; Pearls from Queen & Co.




13 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Erika! Love the 2 different borders you layered. xo
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That means a lot coming from you! I am a frequent visitor to your blog! :-)

      Delete
  2. Great use of border dies. Love the color combinations. First visit to your blog. Will definitely return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome!! I'm so glad you came by! :-)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful - love the border dies you paired for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great group of dies and colors! Love hearts too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layers! And your embossed hearts are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful color combination, Erika. Love the PTI border dies you used together and the two pretty hearts :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!