Monday, September 30, 2013

Make It Monday #134

Hi-ya friends! Happy Monday- I hope you all had a fabulous weekend.  I'm back today for the new Make It Monday over at Nichole Heady's blog.

This week, the technique is called Repeat & Lift.  It's great for making detailed die cuts stand out more on your cards.

For my card, I used the Grand Ampersand stamps and dies.



I chose the largest ampersand from the set for my main image.  I stamped half of the ampersand in Aqua Mist and the other half in Simply Chartreuse.  I then did the repeat stamping to create the blurred image of the ampersand.  I placed the matching die cut on top.  I finished off the main panel of my card with the Mr. and Mrs sentiments from the set as well as to have and to hold forever.

For the background panel, I just used the Background Basics Chevron stripes and stamped it in a repeating pattern in True Black ink.


I really like how these colors work together and enjoyed learning a new way to work with the die cuts and matching stamps!

That's it for me today! Late posting and it's time to get my kiddos ready for bed!

Have a wonderful evening!

Supplies:
Cardstock: White- Papertrey Ink
Ink: Simply Chartreuse, Aqua Mist, True Black all Papertrey Ink
Stamps:  Grand Ampersand, Background Basics: Chevron- by Papertrey Ink
Other:  Green Grosgrain- Offray, Green & White pattern- American Crafts, Grand Ampersand Dies- Papertrey Ink, Embroidery Floss, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Love the color combo! What a great wedding card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The repeat and lift technique looks great behind the ampersand. Your big bold green bow is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!