Thursday, September 19, 2013

MIM #132 take two

We have officially been living in Oklahoma for a month and a half.  As my husband would say we have 10 months and 11 days left living here :-).  He's in a little bit of a hurry to leave and get back to our house in Charleston and out of our cramped base house.  The kids, on the other hand, are loving it here.  Just yesterday H said, "Mommy, I don't ever want to move back to our other house.  This place is so cool- playground right behind our house and a pool too! AND I have friends right across the street!"  Oh to be 7 again and have your only care in the world be where the nearest playground is.  I'm happy she has adjusted so well, though. We had a rough year with her last year with school.  So far this year things have done a complete 180.  She has straight A's and is just flourishing here.  It's AWESOME.  However, we did get some kind of upsetting news during her check-up the other day at the doctor.  Her pediatrician back in Charleston said that he heard a heart murmur about a month before we moved and said that he'd like to have it re-checked at her next appointment.  We had the pediatrician here check it and he heard it also.  They did an EKG and he called us today to let us know that while the EKG looked okay, they still want her to go see the cardiologist.  I was hoping they would say everything was normal, so I'm a little worried, but I'd rather we know than not know because she is so active.  Any prayers and/or positive thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

For today's "project", I decided to revisit the Make It Monday challenge using the layered border dies.  For take 2, I went with a different theme and geared it toward the fall.





































The border I used is the Heart border die. When I started looking at what I had in my stash, I was playing around with the ones I have to see what came to mind and I thought that the bottom of the heart die resembled the cross-hatch type pattern on the acorn.  I inked up the edges of the die cuts using the PTI Tea Dye Chai ink and then layered them up.

























I topped the tiers of border dies with a piece of chocolate chip (Stampin' Up) grosgrain ribbon tied in a bow and then embellished the card with some die cuts from the Limitless layers squares and the Autumn Acorn dies.

Here is a side view so you can see the dimension. Love those little acorns.  So cute.











































Supplies:
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Kraft, Simply Chartreuse all Papertrey Ink
Ink: Chocolate chip- Stampin' Up!, Simply Chartreuse, Kraft, and Tea Dye Chai from Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Autumn Acorns
Other:  Dies- Autumn Acorns, Limitless Layers Squares, Heart Border Die all Papertrey Ink.  Grosgrain ribbon from Stampin' Up.





9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love how the layered heart borders mimic the bottom of the acorn - very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love how the layering looks like the bottoms of little acorns! We had a scare with our 7 year old and an apparent heart murmur last year as well. Her pediatrician heard it and sent us to a cardiologist, and the cardiologist basically told us that "Sometimes regular Dr's hear things that they think are abnormal that turn out to be just fine". Long story short she is doing just fine. I will keep my little one in your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great texture from the heart dies! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful use of the heart border - perfect echo of the acorn pattern! When he was 4, we went through a heart murmur/cardiologist episode with my son and 10 years later have had no need of a follow up - as the cardiologist said to us, most of the time it is nothing serious and corrects itself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to use the heart border die the way you did (looks great with the ink you used!) Lovely autumn card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love how you used the heart border die to mimic the acorns...very clever! Thoughts and prayers are with you as you visit the cardiologist!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a great effect by inking the bottom of the hearts - nice fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful rich colors and design! Lovely card, Erika!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card!
    I'm sorry to hear about your daughter, though... Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!