Friday, September 13, 2013

PTI Forum: September Color Play

I started playing around on the Papertrey Forums today. I've been on them before, just kind of looking around, but today I created a gallery and then looked around again at the topics in the forum.  I came across a color play challenge that was posted by one of the design team members, Lizzie Jones.  

Here is the color palette that was listed for the challenge:



Here is my card following that color palette.  I did have to sub simply chartreuse for the Ripe Avocado ink because I don't have that one, but all the other colors are the same.  


































It's not a very pretty photo because it's dark and our base house doesn't have the best lighting, but it'll do.  What first came to mind when I saw the inspiration photo was to do something with apples.  But I don't have any larger scale apple images and my silhouette is still buried in a box in the garage to make my own, so I did the next best thing and went with a tree. 

I used stamps & dies from Half and Half and Trendy Tree Tops, and the sentiment is from the Signature Series: Flower mini-set.  I embossed the tree using the woodgrain embossing plate and the heart is actually popped up with dimensional adhesive, you just can't really tell from the photo angle.  

Off to go clean up my mess!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!