Thursday, September 26, 2013

Ready Made Embellishments Challenge

Hi-ya peeps!

It's another bright sunshine-y day in Oklahoma!  It is also school picture day around here for my youngest- she looked so cute this morning...I love school picture day.   She's getting a little more choosy about what she wears these days, so I was jump-up-and-down ecstatic when she sweetly asked me to pick out her picture day clothes.  She's even wearing a cute little scarf today! Adorable. And sparkly boots..even though the picture only shows her upper body- hey, I get it in where I can.  She's all for sparkle, but nowadays she wants gym shoes so she can run around on the playground...and to think that up until school started I couldn't get the kid in a pair of gym shoes to save my life.  She lived in her sparkly flats.  We have 5 pairs of sparkly flats- she had a major thing with them..and now she barely wears them.  All of a sudden she's just too busy to bother with shoes that might fall off while being chased around the playground.  They grow too fast.

Anyway- I have a different kind of card today.  There is only one little stamped part on it- the rest is all ready-made.  I created this card for the Ready-Made Embellishment challenge over at Moxie Fab World. Go check it out and play along!

Here is my card for the challenge:





I used a card base of Vintage Cream cardstock.  I added the chevron patterned paper to make up my card base.  I sprizted on a little bit of Mister Huey in Skyscraper just to add a little something to the background and then topped that with a project life journaling card from the Clementine kit.  I loved the Today is beautiful sentiment on it since I was working on a birthday card. I stacked some die cuts and added a birthday greeting.


My final touch was the enamel dots- sadly, it's my first time using them. I got them in a Studio Calico scrapbook kit and I've been hoarding them.  They are so cute...they remind me of the candies that were stuck to the paper when I was a kid...we called them rainbow dots- not sure if that's the official name.  Oh the memories...

Go check out the challenge- a grand prize winner will be chosen and published in Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking digital magazine!


Supplies:
Paper: Chevron Patterned paper- My Minds Eye Fine and Dandy , Vintage Cream, Hawaiian shores, and Select Stampers White - Papertrey Ink, and Chocolate Chip- Stampin' Up.
Ink: Canyon Clay- Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Tagged Sentiments - Papertrey Ink
Other:  Mat Stack 6 die, Doily Details die, & Limitless Layers Circles dies- Papertrey Ink, Project Life Journaling Card - Becky Higgins Clementine Core Kit, Mister Huey's mist in Skyscraper- Studio Calico, and Enamel Dots- My Mind's Eye for Studio Calico

4 comments:

  1. What a darling card. The chevrons and all your die cuts are fabulous. And I love the enamel dots.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving such a nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Erika! Great layering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your color scheme and the embellies fit so well togheter. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Erika! Thanks for linking this up to the Ready-Made Embellishments Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!