Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sending You Thanks

We had an amazing time at the Oklahoma State Fair and Disney on Ice yesterday.  The girls were super surprised when we got there- they had no idea where we were headed.  The show was FANTASTIC! I highly recommend it.  I took about a gazillion photos but I won't bore you with all of those.  Ha.  My favorite part was based on Tangled.  I love that movie.  They did a bit with the lanterns- so cool. I'm like a 5 year old girl.  I love Disney.  

For my obligatory fair food, I chose a cookie dough parfait.  Yes. It was absolutely as good as it sounds.  A dream in a cup.  With a cherry on top.  But I couldn't eat it all.  As a matter of fact my hubby and girls all helped to finish it off. Delicious. The girls had giant slushies where you get to pick your flavors and fill the cup yourself with whatever you want.  They both ended up tasting like pixie sticks, but the kids liked them.  Will opted for chicken on a stick.  Yep, he's a man.  That whole meat on a stick thing was like a beacon in the night.  You should've seen the line.  All men.  And the dessert line where I got my treat was mostly women and children. Go figure.

My only complaint...when did fair games start costing $5/ea?! And then if you win you get a teeny tiny stuffed animal.  To get a big one, you have to trade 3 small ones.  WHAT?!  So yeah...we didn't do much of that because even though I'm all for fun, that's a bit crazy.  We played one game and that was it. I'd rather buy them something at toys r us than spend $25 on those cheap stuffed animals.  Inflation ruined the appeal. Or maybe I'm just old. :-)

Ok, enough about that.

Onto the project today-

The other day I received a super cute bag with a C-17 embroidered on it from our squadron commander's wife.  Inside the bag was a sample of 3 different flavors of fudge- YUM, and some homemade hot fudge sauce- YUM again!  It was a sweet (literally) welcome gift and I wanted to give her a little card to say thank you.  This is what I whipped up.

It came together so quickly and would be really easy to mass produce.  I'm in love with these colors.  Aqua mist and limeaid ice.  *Sigh.  I could splash those 2 colors all over my house.  Already halfway there with the aqua already in several places! :-)























Here's a closer detail shot so you can see the embossing.  

Easy peasy.  I stamped the woodgrain background.  Topped that with some patterned paper from the Aqua Mist pattern pack.  The green banner was just a strip of cardstock. I did the banner edges using my trusty, million-years-old square punch from creative memories and just cut them on the diagonal on each end.  Added a double ended banners die cut in white and then the upper most layer is a scalloped circle die from Nestibilities and a large circle that's also from nestibilities.  Stamped the large white circle with the sentiment from the free Sending a Big Thank you set that Papertrey gave out a while back.  Love all the detail in that stamp.
Start to finish it took me about 10 minutes to do this card and most of that was doing the die-cutting.

I hope she likes it!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampers Select White, Limeaid Ice, Smokey Shadow all Papertrey Ink
Ink: Soft Stone, Limeaid Ice both Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Background Basics Woodgrain and Sending a Big Thank you- Papertrey again
Other: Double ended banner die (PTI), Nestibilities circles and scalloped circles, aqua mist polka dot pattern paper (PTI).  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!