Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Papertrey Ink September Blog Hop- Post 2

Hey again!

I hope you enjoyed the tutorial for my Halloween wreath!  For my 2nd post of the blog hop, I decided to do a more traditional wreath card.

Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year.  I love everything about it. Football, sweaters, the leaves changing, boots, the crisp air, pumpkins...you name it.  The little wreath on this card started off with just the idea of incorporating the fun colors of the fall.

I die cut a bunch of leaves from the Autumn Acorns dies and stamped them in their coordinating ink colors on the chocolate, canyon clay, simply chartreuse, and summer sunrise cardstock. I used the smaller sizes for this project.  I then cut out the scalloped circle from limitless layers circles.  To make a wreath form shape, I just took the circle from that die set and cut out the middle of the scalloped circle.


Then I just stacked the leaves on top of the scalloped wreath shape until I got the look that I wanted. I tied a piece of bakers twine and a dark chocolate button to the bottom through the scallops to make my wreath bow and then added the sentiment on a double ended banner die cut.



I placed my wreath on a white cardbase topped with some distressed dot paper and a panel made from white and bitty dot cut with the half and half die .

So that's all for today! If you missed it, make sure you check out the previous post for my Halloween wreath project & tutorial to make your own!

Happy hopping, blog hoppers!! :-)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Select stampers white, summer sunrise, simply chartreuse, canyon clay all from Papertrey Ink, Chocolate chip from Stampin Up
Patterned paper: Bitty Dot and Distressed dots both by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!), Canyon Clay, Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise from Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Autumn Acorns by Papertrey Ink
Other- Dark Chocolate button, dies- Autumn Acorn, Double ended banner, Half & Half, and Limitless Layers Circles from Papertrey Ink. Baker's twine by Darice

6 comments:

  1. Erika, love the leaves and colors on your wreath! Great banners to showcase too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika, what a wonderful fall card. Also, what a great base for the wreath...so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!! Love all the color!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!