Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Stationary Sets

Hey there, welcome back!

A little late posting today, it's been a little crazy around the Hyde household the past couple of days between doctor appointments and athletic practices so I played catch up a bit this morning. 

I have a fun little project to share today that's a little more than a card.

  I saw something similar to this on Pinterest while browsing, but when I clicked the link it didn't list any measurements or instructions for the box.  So I thought, well no problemo, I'll just figure this out myself, but this style box was not my original idea. (Unfortunately, I have no clue who originally came up with this box concept to credit them here for the idea.) It took me a little trial and error, I won't lie, but I finally got the measurements just right to fit my cards and envelopes inside.  The envelopes I use are a bit big because sometimes I hang stuff off the standard A2 card size edges, so I had to size the pockets accordingly.  I have another envelope that I just purchased from the Silhouette store that I am going to try at some point and I will probably have to make the pockets a little smaller for those.

Here is what the outside of the box looks like when it's all closed up and tied:

  When you open it up, there are two pockets that hold the cards and envelopes.  These each have 4 cards & envelopes in them, all made with the same basic layout just different patterned papers.  The cover of my finished box measures 5 x 7.5 in.

 Isn't it cute?! I'm so proud of myself for figuring all these measurements and stuff out myself. I'm sure there is a tutorial somewhere on the web for this exact same box so I probably reinvented the wheel with it, but that's okay. I had fun.  My little pockets are 3 x 4.75 in. and are half an inch deep.

Here are the cards that are inside:

#1.


#2.
#3.




#4.
Here is the inside of one of the other sets.  All of the interior cards are the same, just the cover is different.
All three sets together.


And all 3 again with a front view.  


All of the patterned papers I used on these are from an older American Crafts set- the Metropolitan Line.
I've had them for ages- I kind of hoarded them because they are so pretty, but I figured this was a perfect time to get them out and put them to use.  


I used an EK Success punch for the label, and then a Mat Stack 2 die cut underneath it.  Each card also had some pearls or gemstones.  I kept the design really simple so that it was easy to mass produce. I realized it's very hard for me to scale back- I like all the extras on my cards!  You could always embellish the cards more if you want to, but the simplicity of these allowed me to finish all three box sets in about an hour and a half including the assembly time for the boxes.

I made one other one of these also using papers from the Metropolitan line, but the ones that are blue, black, green, and white.  I gave that one to our Commander's wife as a thank you for the welcome gift she gave us and because I was in a hurry to get the thank you to her today, I didn't get a chance to photograph it.  I still have leftovers for that one, so I'm sure I'll throw together another one.  I'm planning to use these as part of the girls' teacher gifts. It's also just nice to have them on hand in case some other little thing comes up where I want to give a small gift.  When the cards included in the sets are all used up, the box is sturdy enough that the recipient could always refill it.  

Thank you for stopping by to visit! I hope you are having a wonderful day!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!