Saturday, October 5, 2013

Cas-ual Friday: CFC116 Sequins & Chevrons

Hey there! Happy World Card Making Day!!  

This is my first post of the day- I will probably be back with another one in a little bit. I actually created this card last night so I'll be back to share the ones I'm doing today in a little bit.

This is my first time participating in the Cas-ual Friday challenge.  I found the blog through a random blog hop that I ended up on during a Pinterest session- I love those. Pinterest is my friend.

Anyway, this challenge is to do a clean and simple card using chevrons and sequins.  Here is the card I came up with:

I used Papertrey's Polka Dot Basics II set and true black ink to create my background.  The main panel on the card was done using the Watercolor wonder set, Aqua Mist, soft Stone, and black ink.  I stamped each of the watercolor stripes twice without re-inking and rotating them a little bit.


 I added the sentiment in true black and smokey shadow for the U and the chevron arrows.  And then added my gold sequins that came in a studio calico kit.


This card came together really quickly and is a pretty flat card for me- I do love my dimension. So jealous of people that pull off the flat cards and make them look so amazing, but I gave it a shot! 

If you haven't already, go check out the Cas-ual Friday blog and participate in the challenge.  You can find it here.  They have some amazing inspiration for each challenge.  I'm so glad I stumbled onto the blog!

Supplies
Cardstock: White (Papertrey Ink), Black (Stampin' Up)
Ink: True Black, Aqua Mist, Soft Stone, Smokey Shadow (all Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: Watercolor Wonder and Live Love Life (both Papertrey Ink)
Other: Sequins from Studio Calico

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card.
    Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays :)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great stamping on the background. really fun card! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the background (and your blog header) great fun card. Thanks for playing CFC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you found CAS-ual Fridays, too! The stamping is beautiful, and so are the colors! I'm loving the sequins! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!