Thursday, October 24, 2013

Colour Q Challenge #211

I am constantly on the lookout for new challenges to participate in and I came across this blog a couple weeks ago. They have some super fun color combinations and a great group of designers showcasing each one every week.  I was finally able to put together a card to play along for this week.  You can find this week's challenge HERE.

This is the inspiration photo:


I wanted a clean and simple look for this color scheme so I pulled out some of my newer PTI goodies to play with for the challenge, including the hexagon cover plate die.  I love this die and the matching Happy Hexagons $5 stamp set- they made putting this card together so simple!



I started by die cutting the cover plate out of white cardstock.  Then I punched out all of the hexagon shapes and stamped them in Papertrey Ink's Orange Zest, Limeaid Ice, and Winter Wisteria using the chevron patterned hexie from the stamp set.   Next, I adhered the white border to a white card base, and then added my stamped pieces back in.  I love the look of this and it was so simple!  To finish off the card, I used a Mat Stack #6 die cut to house my sentiment. I stamped the "birthday" sentiment from the Happy Hexagons set and then added a Happy die cut from the Wonderful Words dies and a couple little green rhinestones.


That's it from me today, but make sure to stop by again tomorrow to check out the Tags I created for this month's Papertrey Blog Hop!

Have a fabulous day!!



Supplies:
Cardstock:  White, True Black - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Orange Zest, Limeaid Ice, Winter Wisteria, True Black- Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Happy Hexagon Mini Stamp Set
Other: Hexagon Cover Plate Die, Mat Stack #6 die, Wonderful Words Dies- Papertrey Ink; Rhinestones- Queen & Co.


8 comments:

  1. Love your cheery card. Nice, bright and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the clean and simple lines.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funnily enough I'm just about to do a card using this die set - looks gorgeous with the matching stamped hexagons and I love all that white space. So glad you found us at Colour Q this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colorful and CAS all at the same time! I love the hexagons and the black script sentiment is a lovely contrast! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun birthday card, Erika, love those hexagons in the embossed background! So happy you played with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great birthday card, I love the hexagons. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you found us and were able to play along...this is one of my favorite PTI dies & stamp! Thanks for sharing this with us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love your design and sentiment, thanks for joining us at ColourQ, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!