Saturday, October 5, 2013

Happy World Card Making Day!

Once again I'm super late posting- my kids are having a sleepover tonight, so I had to wait until after they were all in bed before I could finish up my cards from today.

So without further ado, on to the cards!


I made 4 cards today and had I not had to be a parent today, they would've come together pretty quickly thanks to Irresistibly Ikat! I created all 4 of these cards using mainly that set.  I cut and stamped all 4 of the backgrounds first and then added the extras to each one individually.  At first I was going to try to stick with the same colors for all of them, but after I finished the first one, I decided to change it up each time to play around with more combinations.

Card #1:


For this card, I stamped the chevrons from Irresistibly Ikat.  It was my first time inking up that particular stamp and I didn't do a great job lining it up, but that's okay- still love the end result.  Probably doesn't hurt that my living room is decorated in these colors- aqua, yellow, and gray.


The layout of the card is based off of a card Dawn McVey did. She didn't use the same stamp sets I did, but the placement of the elements is all based on her card from 2010.

Card #2:


I love the colors in this one too- For the sentiment panel, I die cut some of the limitless layers squares and stamped the ornate corner piece from Mat Stack 2 in the corners to make it stand out a little. Then I die cut some of the limitless layers circles and stamped the sentiment from the Tagged Sentiments set and a heart from Grand Ampersand.


Card # 3:



This card is actually the first one that I made.  I am just in love with how easy it is to build the patterns.  I have some ikat placemats that I bought at Target a few months ago- they inspired this color combination.

 
I die cut the tag using a half and half die, then heat embossed a sentiment from Modern Woodgrain Mats on it with "snow" embossing powder.  Then I cut the notched flowers from some white felt and added some buttons (spring moss) and gemstones to finish it off.

Card #4:

This last one I'm not as crazy about.  It still feels like it's missing something, which is generally the problem I have with these flatter cards.


I used the largest image from Irresistibly Ikat for the background.  The big Hello from Wonderful Words Hello is stamped over that in true black ink and then the corresponding die cut is popped up on top of it.


I added a few pearls, but like I said it still felt a little empty to me.

Ok, so LOTS of eye candy for you today.  In case you missed my last post, go check it out and then head over to the Cas-ual Friday blog for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate to Ellen Hutson's shop.

Did any of you spend your day celebrating World Card Making day??!  I am a little bummed that there weren't any local crops or anything crafty to participate in today, but I still had fun on my own.

We also attended the Cotton Pickin' Chili Cook Off here in town- it was a good time.  Lots of yummy chili- both my husband and I and the girls really enjoyed going. We saw our across the street neighbors there- which in such a small town isn't really that shocking, but the kids were thrilled.

I hope you had a fabulous Saturday no matter how you spent it! Thanks for stopping by today!


Hey There Chevron Card
Supplies:
 Cardstock: White, Soft Stone- Papertrey Ink, Aqua Mist patterned paper back also Papertrey Ink
Ink: Aqua Mist, Soft Stone, Harvest Gold, True Black all Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Mat Stack 2, Irresistibly Ikat both Papertrey Ink
Other: Doily, Mat Stack 2 die, and lemon tart buttons tied off with some bakers twine

The Most Special Thing card
Supplies:
Cardstock: White, Limeaide Ice, and Hawaiian Shores all Papertrey Ink
Ink: Hawaiian Shores, Limeaide Ice, Aqua Mist all Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Irresistibly Ikat, Modern Woodgrain Mats both Papertrey Ink
Other: Gemstones- Queen and Co., felt, Versamark, Snow embossing powder by recollections, and white grosgrain ribbon from Stampin up.

Thinking of You Just Because Card
Supplies:
Cardstock: Melon Berry, White- Papertrey Ink, Chocolate Chip by Stampin Up
Ink: Melon Berry, Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate all Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Tagged Sentiments, Irresistibly Ikat, Mat Stack 2, and Grand Ampersand
Other: Limitless layers Squares dies, Limitless Layers circles dies

My Dear Friend card
Supplies:
Cardstock: Hibiscus Burst, White- Papertrey ink, Basic Black from Stampin Up
Ink: Hibiscus Burst, True Black- Papertrey ink, Pink Pirouette from Stampin' Up
Stamps: Irresistibly Ikat, Wonderful words Hello
Other: Wonderful Words Hello die, pearls



5 comments:

  1. ohhh...seems you have been really busy on WCMD! lovely cards :)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous cards...so many amazing patterns and details...hope your day is fabby!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful crafty day you had. They are all fabulous. P.S. You might want to turn off comment moderation...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce, thank you for visiting and for your sweet comment! I did not realize that I had the word verification feature turned on, so thank you for letting me know! I have turned it off now!

      Delete
  4. Love this iKat set! I really like the aqua and yellow card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!