Thursday, October 3, 2013

Make It Monday #134- again

Wow! It was a jam-packed day today.  I volunteered in Hayley's classroom this morning- and by "volunteer", I mean I made about nine million copies...for the entire second grade.  And it was 90 degrees in there.  But all in all it wasn't that bad and my kid was super excited to have me there.  My sister is a teacher, so now that I'm able to volunteer more, I want to do it as much as I can.  Teachers are so under paid- and so many things that you don't even think of takes up so much of their free time.  This particular teacher of my daughter's is also amazing- she has completely turned around Hayley's attitude toward school in just a few short months, and today when I arrived, the teacher wasn't feeling well, but she was pushing through because she didn't want the kids to be left to "just anyone".  She ended up sticking it out all day so the kids had the consistency they needed.  It felt really good to get that chunk of work done for her.  

Anyway...that was the morning. The afternoon consisted of a trip to Walmart- the only grocery store in town now that the commissary is closed due to the government shutdown, shuttling kids from school and basketball practice, working on lots and lots and lots of homework, and watching the Croods movie with the fam.  Picking that up was one of the perks of enduring Walmart.  Such a cute movie. I also picked up my childhood favorite, The Little Mermaid.  Excited to see it on Blu-ray.

As far as crafting goes, I decided to make another card for the Make It Monday challenge this week- Repeat & Lift.  I ordered some new stuff from PTI and it arrived so I wanted to make another card using the dies that Nichole intended in the tutorial. 

Here is the card I made:


Loving this ikat set- the backgrounds are so easy and so pretty.  I think you'll be seeing a lot of it around here!!

So there you have it, my MIM take two.  Now since it is after 11 pm, I am going to scoot off to bed. This girl does not do well when sleep is lacking!  Goodnight, everyone! 



Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft, Aqua Mist, White all Papertrey Ink. Chocolate Chip from Stampin' Up
Ink: Aqua Mist, Dark Chocolate, Kraft all Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Mums The Word, Irresistibly Ikat, Wonderful Words: Hello, Heart 2 Heart #4 all Papertrey Ink
Other: Wonderful Words Hello die, Mums the Word Dies, and Journal Tab dies all Papertrey Ink


5 comments:

  1. Awesome colour scheme and mix of stamp sets, Erika. I've seen the use of black in floral stamping and now I'm definitely inspired to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Karen! Lovely colours together, and great mix of stamps and dies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo this one is just beautiful, what a perfect color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors and the ikat background works out perfectly with this lift and repeat technique~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job on the challenge and great color choices. You sure know how to mix stamp sets well (and make me think I need to get more stamp sets so I can CASE this one).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!