Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Make It Monday #135

Layered Emboss Resist is the name of the game this week for Make It Monday over at Nichole Heady's blog.  I won't lie, I could not get a result with this that I was happy with.  I made 3 backgrounds before I was finally happy with it.  Just an off day, I guess but I was getting so frustrated!  Ever have those days where everything just looks like a disaster?  Yeah...that was today. I didn't give up, though, and came up with this card with the technique.




I ended up using Background Basics: Retro and Polka Dot Basics to do the layered background.  Then I stamped the sentiment from Mini Blooms and the "step 2" portion of the roses from Rosie Posie Step 2 and the leaves from Rosie Posie and their corresponding image from step 2.  I took the Rosie Posie original rose images and stamped those in versamark over the shaded part.  I heat embossed using clear UTEE.  To make my images pop, I took a blending tool and used melon berry ink around the edges followed by New Leaf to soften the lines on the leaves.
I added the bling because in true "me" fashion with these flat cards, it just looked like it was missing something.

So that's my take on the Make it Monday.  I may give it another go yet this week due to my struggles with creativity today, but we'll see!  Go check it out, though, and participate in the challenge! They are always a lot of fun.

On another note, I apologize for my lack of blogging this week.  I have been trying to restart my exercise routine and it's been throwing my days all out of whack.  In a good way, though.  A primary focus of mine while I'm here in Oklahoma and not working an outside of the house type job is to lose some weight, get healthier, etc.  In other words, step away from the Snickers Ice Cream Bars and get your booty on the treadmill or bike... I do love those Snickers Ice Cream Bars...Anyway, I've been a little bit of a slacker on that front and I am doing my best to get started again.  I do have some motivation, though- since we moved to Oklahoma, I've lost about 17 lbs! I had to get on the scale and back off like 5 times before I believed it because I've been such a slacker. So can't imagine how it'll change now that I'm actually putting some effort into it! I'll keep ya posted!

Anyway, have a fabulous day!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Smokey Shadow, Raspberry Fizz, White from Papertrey Ink
Ink: Soft Stone, New Leaf, Raspberry Fizz, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse, and True Black from Papertrey Ink; Pink Pirouette from Stampin' Up
Stamps:  Mini Blooms, Background Basics: Retro, Polka Dot Basics, Rosie Posie, and Rosie Posie Step 2 all by Papertrey Ink
Other: gems from Queen & Co., Corner rounder from EK success

2 comments:

  1. Oh woow your flower is adorable...I see your card on the Make it Monday video blog and wanna see it on your blog and I found oh wooow card...the white embossing really stand out on your card...I was having dificulty to choose which stamp to put and to embossed...you have a great Job Erika...would you like to see my card with the same technique? Hugs from Germany...Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! So happy. These colors just pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!