Friday, October 18, 2013

Make it Monday #136

It's Fall break in our neck of the woods so I've been busy enjoying the extra time with my kiddos this week.  Today it's cold and rainy outside, so I carved out a little time to participate in this week's make in Monday over at Nichole Heady's blog. You can find the video and challenge Here .

Ashley Cannon Newell showcased a technique to create a textured look on a stamped image.  

Here is the card I created for this week's challenge. 



I made this card for my daughter to send to one of her friends back in Charleston, so we started off with a bright, fun color palette of Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet, and Dark Chocolate. Then I pulled out some oldie-but-goodie stamp sets that haven't been used in a little while!

I stamped the background using one of the flower images from Hello Friend. The technique for this week was used on the letters from Alpha Blocks.  I used layered die cuts and the cute little phone from Heart 2 Heart #4 to make the focal point.  I added some sparkly washi tape to some raspberry fizz cardstock before cutting out the phone to add a little tween personality to it.



Here is another view so you can see the texture of the letters.

That's it from me today- I'm off to turn a cardboard box into a car with Hayley! I hope you are enjoying your day!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Raspberry Fizz, Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise and white from Papertrey Ink.  Bitty Dot patterned paper also from Papertrey Ink
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise, and Berry Sorbet
Stamps: Hello Friend, Heart 2 Heart #4, Alpha Blocks all Papertrey Ink
Other: Dies- Mat Stack 4, Heart 2 Heart #4, Alpha Blocks, Doily Details, Limitless Layers Circles

1 comment:

  1. What a fun card!! Love the colors and all the fun elements!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!