Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Make It Monday #138 - Take Two

I whipped up another card for this week's Make it Monday challenge over at Nichole Heady's blog.  This one is more along the lines of my usual style.  I typically don't like the results when I make flat cards, so my work usually has a lot of layers.  This is a multi-layer-looking card but it's completely flat, which is nice for when I mail it, so it has the best of both worlds.

I started out again with a base of vintage cream, then I layered on some kraft, melon berry, dark chocolate, and patterned paper from the aqua mist pattern pack.




I first cut the flower out of the background vintage cream paper, and then stamped and inserted the die cut.  Then I layered on the kraft paper.  I die cut the "Happy" from the polka dot paper and adhered that negative onto a strip of melon berry cardstock.  Next, I die cut it again from vintage cream and stamped the coordinating image in dark chocolate.  I adhered it back inside the negative image and then attached that panel to the kraft cardstock before die-cutting the next flower.  You'll notice that I cut that flower upside down- I could lie and say that it was totally on purpose, but it was an oops...I don't know why I always hold that die upside down.  But I just embraced it and thought of it as more a happy little accident because I think that the limeaid ice ink looks really pretty with the aqua mist patterned paper. It did take a few passes through my machine to get the die to cut through all those layers.

  I placed the stamped image inside the negative and then I decided that I wanted a strip of dark chocolate along the bottom, too.  To do that, I placed the strip on top of my card front and layered the die on top of it.  Then I lined it up with the already cut image and used some washi tape to hold it in place.  Ran it through my Big Shot and then just trimmed the other end off to fit.  Worked perfectly.

Here is the view from the side.  


The colors on this card make me so very happy. Just love them.

That's all for today's version of this challenge! Enjoy the rest of your day, thank you for spending a little bit of it here with me!
 

Supplies: (All PTI unless otherwise specified)
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Melon Berry, Aqua Mist patterned paper from the Aqua Mist patterned paper pack
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Melon Berry, Limeaid Ice
Stamps: Pretty Peonies
Dies: Pretty Peonies

7 comments:

  1. I love your colors and all the layers - and still a flat card. I've been enjoying all the entries this week but won't have time to try it out myself until the weekend. I have pretty peonies so may give that one a shot. Great inspiration. thanks for sharing. (sorry I only know how to submit as anon)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card!! Great colours and great design! (I may CASe you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "oops" looks great actually. Love your color choices ~ adding to my Evernote for future reference. Great job on the "inlaid" technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card makes me happy :-) love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! Love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looked amazing just from the thumbnail. Even better on your blog. A wonderful card with beautiful colours and i am so pinning it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!