Thursday, October 10, 2013

Tuesday Trigger Time!

Hey Guys!

This week's Tuesday Trigger: Apache Tears In the Key of Autumn really caught my attention during my visit to the Moxie Fab World blog today so I just had to play along.  This is the trigger image:


 I love all the colors in it, but never would have thought to use all of them together.  I was also inspired by the chevron pattern, so I used both the color and the chevron as the jumping off points for my card.


I stamped the chevron image from Life Love Life in the same color pattern as the trigger photo.  I chose Papertrey Ink colors: Soft Stone, Aqua Mist, Scarlet Jewel, Summer Sunrise, Raspberry Fizz, and Limeaid Ice.  Then I trimmed the strip and mounted it on a piece of aqua mist cardstock also trimmed to match the shape.  I drew the border with a black sharpie and then I stamped the balloons from Heart to Heart #2 and then for the center balloon I die cut a heart and stamped it with the Heart to Heart #3 image and added it to the card with foam adhesive after stamping the balloon strings and sentiment from Stylish Sentiments: Birthday in true black. I finished the card off by adding the chevron strip to the bottom of the balloon strings.


I am really excited to have time to participate in more of the online challenges! They are a lot of fun and push me out of my comfort zone, which is always a good thing!

Now that you've seen my take on the Trigger challenge, go check it out and give it a try!


Supplies:
Cardstock: White, Aqua Mist, and Scarlet Jewel by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Soft Stone, Aqua Mist, Scarlet Jewel, Summer Sunrise, Raspberry Fizz, Limeaid Ice, and True Black all by Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Heart 2 Heart #2, Heart to Heart #3, Life Love Life, and Stylish Sentiments: Birthday all by Papertrey Ink

3 comments:

  1. This is such a happy brithday card and a great take on the Trigger :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fun and awesome creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Erika! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!