Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Make It Monday #140

Well since the last few days flew by and are a bit of a blur, I didn't get a chance to come back and post for last week's Make It Monday challenge.  I figured I better get on this week's quickly before time gets away from me again!

This week's challenge is to use ink pads to create a design.

I made 2 different cards from the same background that I created with this technique. I'm sharing the first one today and I'll share the other tomorrow :-).


Today's card is the simpler one of the two.


I created my background by swiping my ink pads diagonally across the cardstock and I love that it looks like dry brushing.  I used Winter Wisteria, Royal Velvet, and Raspberry Fizz inks.  I then die cut the wonderful words Hello from the background, being careful to keep the pieces for the e and the o.  I set aside the die cut word to use one another card and took my background with the negative image and adhered it at an angle on the card base.  I finished the card off by attaching the cut out pieces of the e and the o in the correct place within the negative image.

Quick and easy!

Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to check back tomorrow to see my other card using the die cut!

Supplies: (All PTI)
Cardstock: Vintage Cream
Ink: Winter Wisteria, Royal Velvet, Raspberry Fizz
Die: Wonderful Words: Hello die


3 comments:

  1. This is so fun--I want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this with the die cut. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute angled design and love the negative die cut! Thanks for participating in Make It Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!