Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Make it Monday #142

Hi ya friends!

It's time for Make It Monday again!  Last week just flew by.  This time of year always goes by so fast for me with the holidays and traveling, the cooking and baking, programs and volunteering at the kids' schools and playing in the snow of course!

If you've been following my blog for a while, you know that our family moved from sunny South Carolina to windy Oklahoma back in August.  We haven't seen snow in a very long time...but this past weekend, that all changed!! We had our first snow here in Oklahoma and the kids were THRILLED!  Here are a few photos that I snapped of our snow play.  P.S. I crocheted both of their hats! :-)



Even Lucy got in on the snow action!


Now on to this week's make it Monday- this week we are being challenged to decorate kraft paper bags.  Here is my take on the challenge.

I am OBSESSED with this gold sparkly embossing powder.  I want to gold glitterize everything.  So of course I had to use it for this challenge.  I paired it with one of my favorite stamps from Irresistibly Ikat to stamp the background on my bag.  I did this to both sides so that it would be pretty from the back too.


Next I used one of the polka dot "project life" cards that I made last week and added a tree and sentiment from Polka Dot Parade #10.  So cute.  Matted that on some vintage cream and then pure poppy cardstock and adhered the whole thing to the front of my bag.  Finished it off with some pretty satin ribbon.  Voila!

Can't wait to pack this bag with goodies and give it to a friend!  I love this time of year!!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream
Ink: Pure Poppy
Stamps: PDP #10, Irresistibly Ikat, Polka Dot Basics
Other: PDP #10 Die, Gold Glitter Finish Zing Embossing Powder, Kraft paper bag

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous gift bag and photos. The hats are so adorable. Looks like you''ve had fun snow days- it's colder in the UK now so ours could be coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sparkly bag. The hats are adorable too. I live in MN and we haven't had more than a dusting yet. My motto is every day without snow is a day closer to Spring. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, you embossed the bag? I thought it was patterned paper when I first saw it ~ beautiful gift bag, Erika!
    PS: Love the snowy pics of your girls having fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful decorated bags and awesome photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful bag!! Love all the sparkle and shine!!! Love all the photos too!! Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy glittery goodness, Batman! Love it!! Makes it look like your bag was dipped in gold - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!