Wednesday, November 20, 2013

MIM #141

I wanted to create some cards for my Project life and challenged myself to make them using mainly products from my fave stamping company, Papertrey Ink.  I also just happened to pick up some Zing embossing powder in the gold glitter finish on a recent trip to Hobby Lobby.  I am normally a silver type girl, but something about gold on papercrafting projects just makes my heart go pitter patter. So I combined the two and created this set of PL cards.

**I am linking this up with MIM #141 and hopefully this will count toward this week's challenge because I don't have the heat and stick embossing powder.  The rules for entering just said "glitter by embossing" so I think this will still work.  


I used a mix of stamp sets for these, but I used aqua mist, true black, harvest gold, and a little bit of hawaiian shores as the color scheme so that even with the use of a variety of stamp sets, they would still look cohesive.

Here are the cards individually:
 For this one, I used Gratitude Journal, Rosie Posie, and Rosie Posie Step 2. The photo just doesn't do this justice.  The gold glittery embossing on these roses looks so pretty in real life.


 This one used Gratitude Journal and Let Freedom Ring


 Polka dot gold sparkly deliciousness...this is just as a filler card, and I used Polka Dot Basics.


And last but not least, I used Wonderful Words: Together and Irresistibly Ikat.

To create the cards, I started out with some Vintage Cream cardstock that I trimmed down to size and then punched with the We R Memory Keepers 3x4 punch with the rounded corners.  Then I went to town decorating and embossing.  I'm excited to use these in my album and to add other little things- instagram photos, etc.  I'll try to remember to share the layout that I create with these.  

Back to the MIM challenge this week, I know I kind of bent the rules on this concept, so I am going to try to create a card using the clear embossing powder that I do have to see if I can achieve the result by heating it twice and I'll share the results from that later.

Have a great rest of your day!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Vintage Cream
Ink: Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Harvest Gold, True Black and Versamark
Stamps:  Gratitude Journal, Rosie Posie, Rosie Posie Step 2, Polka Dot Basics, Let Freedom Ring, Wonderful Words: Together, Irresistibly Ikat
Other: Zing Gold Glitter Finish embossing powder, We R Memory Keepers 3x4 punch, Bubble Talk die (heart)

5 comments:

  1. Your project life inserts have so much fun details, wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous!! Love all the glittery gold details!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your journaling cards! I just wanted to let you know that we shared your project on our Facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/papercrafterslibrary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!