Thursday, January 16, 2014

2014- so far you're AWESOME

First of all,  a quick thank you to those that sent positive thoughts for my interview yesterday.  It went well.  I don't know if I got the job yet, but I feel good about the way I interviewed and presented my qualifications.  I also booked another interview for Monday, so even if I don't get that job or this next one, I am hoping that I'm on the right track.  Getting one of them sure would be nice, too, but having the phone ring for interviews is major. There aren't many places to apply that are close to our home, so having 2 call backs within a week is amazing.

2014 is off to a great start for me.  I have a card being published in the June issue of CARDS Magazine. After not having submitted anything for a long time, it feels good to be back at it and I am submitting regularly again.  Added bonus that I found out about the first one of my submissions being picked up so quickly.  I also got a shout out on my Make it Monday card for this week, which is almost just as exciting since PTI is my favorite company.  I am working out more, eating better-- putting more priority on my health and myself has been an overdue change, but I feel good about it.  All things that are leading me steps closer to my goals for this year.  To me, that makes 2014 awesome.  So far.

Growing this blog is another project of mine for the year.  Sharing more.  Posting more.  I'm off to a great start with that too.  Each person that comes by here and reads a post or comments on a card, etc is helping with that, and I'm grateful.  So thank you.  I hope this year is bringing good things your way too.

I have a quick thank you card to share with you before I sign off for the day.

This card was inspired by a mini binder that I picked up at Target to use as my planner for 2014.  It has a bold floral pattern with this color scheme.


To create the background, I started with a cut, scored, and folded standard size A2 piece of Vintage cream cardstock.  I used the images from Ruby Rose (see, I told you I love this set) and stamped them in Sweet Blush, Dark Chocolate, Harvest Gold, Berry Sorbet, and Ocean Tides.


The sentiment is from Ruby Reprise.  I stamped it in Dark Chocolate ink on a pinked edge labels die cut.  I added some stitching with some pink embroidery floss and set off the sentiment with the little flowers from Ruby Reprise.

Well I'm off to fold some laundry before the kids get out of school! I hope you all have a wonderful day!



Supplies: 
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate
Ink: Harvest Gold, Dark Chocolate, Ocean Tides, Sweet Blush, and Berry Sorbet
Stamps: Ruby Rose, Ruby Reprise
Dies: Pinked Edge Labels
Other: Pink embroidery Floss

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being published and good luck with your job search! What a fun card this is with its bold colors. Looks like 2014 is off to a great start for you ~ so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!