Monday, January 13, 2014

A little love for Valentine's day

I meant to post this yesterday, so there will be two posts today! Yippee!  After staying up late watching football on Saturday night, I spent most of Sunday afternoon on the couch napping and snuggling with my husband and our girls.  It was an extremely relaxing day. Unfortunately my Colts lost to the Patriots on Saturday.  We had a great season, though, and now I'll be rooting for the Broncos.  Still lots of love for Peyton Manning!

Now...onto the projects for today!  This is another of the cards I made with the release from last month.  If you follow me on Facebook and Instagram, I did already post a peek of this one, but wanted to share it here as well.


I started off by stamping the cute owl image from Polka Dot Parade #11 multiple times on a piece of white cardstock.  I added the wings stamped in multiple colors as well as all of the other cute little details to create a background patterned paper.  Next, I did some die cutting and cut out a couple of the hearts from Limitless Layers: Hearts and a double ended banner and stamped those with some sentiments from PDP #11.  I adhered those to the patterned paper background and then attached that to a standard A2 Royal Velvet card base.

These little owls are so cute.  I'm excited to play with this set even more for some cute treats for my girls.   We are starting a new tradition for February. I made some little mailboxes using my silhouette, and we will be doing some family love notes throughout the month- it will be fun to make some cute little notes and leave mail for each other. I hope the rest of my family thinks this idea is as fun as I do.

Here is a little picture of the mailboxes.  I used a cut file by Lori Whitlock.

Here is what the box looks like when it's open


Here are all four of our boxes.  I used some old patterned paper from American Crafts to make all 4 of them.  The heart shape is not included in the cut file, it is one that I made myself.  The font for the mailboxes is Chunk Five.  You can download it here.

I'll be back later today with my take on the (CAS)E this sketch! Challenge!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!



Owl Card Supplies: (all PTI)
Cardstock: Royal Velvet, Select Stampers White, Hibiscus Burst, Sweet Blush
Stamps: Polka Dot Parade #11
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, Royal Velvet, Aqua Mist, New Leaf, True Black
Dies: Polka Dot Parade #11, Limitless Layers: Hearts, Double Ended Banners



1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!