Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Good News!

For those that read my last post, I have some great news! I have accepted the position that I interviewed for last week.  I'm extremely excited to embark on a new adventure here, though it does make me miss the family of co-workers that I left with my last job.  I am hoping this job will help me to make some connections here in our new home town and make this place feel like more of a home than it has these last few months.  I haven't gotten my start date yet, as a background check and other things need to be completed first, but it will be sometime in the next couple of weeks.  This will be another change for my family, but hopefully a positive one.

On a craftier note, it was a busy weekend for creativity around here.  

I did some stamping and made this card:


I started out by die cutting 2 pieces of white cardstock using the Hexagon Cover plate.  I stacked them so they were off-set slightly and then mounted them on a trimmed piece of Royal Velvet cardstock.  Next, I cut a piece of Raspberry fizz cardstock to fit and then trimmed the inside window out to create a frame.  This panel was placed on a white card base and then the sentiment frame was die cut using Boutique Borders Birthday and stamped with the coordinating stamp set.  Bright and fun and even though there is a lot of little details, it still has a clean look.

Supplies: (All by Papertrey)
Cardstock: White, Royal Velvet, Raspberry Fizz
Stamps: Boutique Borders: Birthday
Ink: Royal Velvet, Aqua Mist
Dies: Boutique Borders: Birthday, Hexagon Coverplate

Next up, I had time for a little crochet-

My cousin requested that I make him a beard hat.  Here is the Mister modeling it for me to make sure it had a good fit.

Then, because about 80% of my friends are expecting babies in the coming months, I decided to make my first ever pair of baby booties and added these cute little bows to the tops.


And of course I had to make a matching little hat to go with it.


If you follow me on facebook and/or Instagram, you saw those already as I posted them just after they were finished! It was a lot of watching sports around here, so I had plenty of time to sit and crochet! Love those kinds of weekends, but I must admit I am itching to get out and do something a little more active! The weather is supposed to be incredible here this weekend, so here's hoping for some outdoor fun!

I am off to go prepare for the Papertrey Blog Hop and this week's make it Monday challenge! Make sure to come back by to check it out!

Have a great day!


7 comments:

  1. Love the hat and booties with the bow! Can you share where you got the pattern for those?
    Congrats on your new job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi jw! I shared the pattern for the booties and hat in today's post! Thanks for your question and your comment, please let me know if you need any other info! :-) Have a great day!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for the pattern and instructions! I enjoy your blog - great cards!

      Delete
  2. Adorable booties and hat. The beard hat is very cool!! The card is perfect for MIM today-great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the offset cover plates! Congrats on your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erika, I just LOVE your card! I especially like the layered cover plate and the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your job! Love all yor projects. the double die for the background is awesome. So different. The hat is darling and pairs nicely with the booties. Never saw a beard hat before, but it looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!