Saturday, January 4, 2014

Hello 2014 + MIM #146


I can hardly believe that it's been almost a month since I've blogged.  December just flew by! I'm excited to start off 2014 and have a lot of plans for myself, the blog, and the other aspects of social media that I'll be using this year to share my craft projects!  If you'd like to follow along, you can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.

I never did get around to posting the other pages of my December Daily album due to the craziness of the holidays and all of the traveling that we do as a family, so I will be sharing those in the coming week! It was my first time doing the December Daily and it was really fun, but much harder than I thought to stay caught up since I didn't make my album foundation pages in advance. Definitely will do better with that next December!

In addition, I'll be doing an actual full Project Life album this year for the first time. I have been doing it off and on in the past, but I'm ready to take the plunge and document a full year in one complete album so I'll be sharing a lot of that around here too.  I am having fun making my own cards both in photoshop and with stamps/paper so my album will be a fun mix with digital elements.  I created the hello 2014 banner above in photoshop using the Bebas Neue and Rockwell Sketch fonts. Both are free.  And the little heart I just sketched out with brushes until I liked the shape. I'll be using it as part of my cover page for this year's album, but changing up the colors a bit to match the photos that I'm using. I'll share that soon as well!

Now onto my first Make it Monday of this year! Woohoo!  You can find the challenge here at Nichole's blog. The challenge this week was to create an angled background.  I used a mix of Aqua mist striped patterned paper and regular cardstock to create my background.

I stuck to the same basic design as Ashley's sample card, just with different images.


So much fun playing with a bunch of new goodies that I received for Christmas from my super sweet hubby! I used my favorite gold embossing powder for the sentiment and the heart from The Best is Yet to Be.

I started out with a card front measuring 4 x 5 3/4 and layered strips of Sweet Blush, Kraft, White, and the striped Aqua Mist paper.

Then I trimmed the excess off the sides with my paper trimmer.  I die cut the Mat Stack #4 and then ran it through again with the Wonderful Words Love die.  Then I took a die cut from Sweet Blush with that same die and inserted it into the negative space.

My sentiment was stamped in versamark and then heat embossed using the gold filigree embossing powder.  I added some stitching with some pink thread and using pinking shears to finish off the edge just as Ashley did in her tutorial.

I finished my card off with the heart die cut using limitless layers Hearts and some Sweet Blush bitty dot paper as well as a stamped, embossed die cut from the Best is Meant to Be.  Still really loving the pink and gold together.


And a little side view so you can see the dimension.

Love this color combo- aqua mist is my favorite. I just love it.  Now go check out the challenge at Nichole's blog and play along! Hurry though, you only have a little time left before the new challenge goes live on Monday!

Happy New Year friends, I hope it's off to a wonderful start for all of you!


Supplies: (All PTI unless otherwise specified)
Cardstock: Kraft, White, and Sweet Blush + Aqua Mist Patterned pack & Sweet Blush Bitty Dot patterned paper
Ink: Versamark
Stamps: The Best Is Yet To Be
Dies: Mat Stack #4, Limitless Layers Hearts, The Best is Yet to Be, Wonderful words: Love
Other: Gold Filigree embossing powder

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!