Saturday, January 25, 2014

January 2014 Papertrey Ink Blog Hop- Part 1

Good morning, PTI blog-hoppers!


So excited about this month's theme because Pink is one of my two favorite colors.

Here is the first of my projects for this month's blog hop. (I am doing this in two posts so I can link up both projects.)



I started out with a vintage cream card base for this one.  I die cut several strips of the Filigree border die from Raspberry Fizz, Sweet Blush, and Berry Sorbet.  I arranged them on the card base by color, in stacks so they made a flower shape.  (I ended up covering up the sweet blush one with the doily).


I added a doily and a die cut doily from the details die collection from sweet blush cardstock.  I topped those with a strip of bitty dot dark chocolate paper for contrast that was adhered to the back of a strip of vintage cream to help my sentiment stand out.  I chose Boutique Borders Birthday and die cut the frame from melon berry cardstock.  I then stamped the coordinating frame image and sentiment using Berry Sorbet.

To finish off the card, I chose a couple enamel dots from My Mind's Eye.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Raspberry Fizz, Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Melon Berry and bitty dot Patterned paper pack (dark chocolate)
Stamps: Boutique Borders: Birthday
Ink: Melon Berry
Dies: Filigree Border Die, Doily Details Die Collection, Boutique Borders: Birthday die
Other: Enamel dots from My Minds Eye, large white doily


My next project is my favorite! Click HERE to go on to Part 2!


2 comments:

  1. Soooo pretty!! Love the layered borders and the design is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!