Saturday, January 25, 2014

January 2014 Papertrey Ink Blog Hop Part 2

Hey Hoppers,
  Back again for Part 2 of my Blog Hop Entry for this month's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop.


This card is one of my favorites that I've made in a while.  It is so soft and pretty in person.

I made the Framed Love die cut first and covered it in versamark ink and then Gold Glitter Zing Embossing powder.  Still one of my favorite products right now. Such a pretty glittery gold.


I wanted the frame to be the focal point of the card, so I used that as my jumping off point in designing the rest of it.  I started off with a sweet blush card base. Using the polka dot patterned heart from Happy Hearts in Sweet Blush ink, I stamped randomly on the card base. I then went back with Hibiscus Burst ink and stamped the same image again next to the first set of Sweet Blush hearts.


Next up, I decided to try out the white embossing on vellum to soften the look of the background and help my frame stand out.  Loving the way Danielle Flanders has been using this technique lately, so I was excited to try it.  I used Fancy Flourishes stamp set and stamped the images in versamark and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I attached that to my card base.  I then added a die cut from Limitless Layers Hearts, also from Sweet Blush, and centered it on the card front before adding my gold glittered frame.

I can't wait for Valentine's day to get here! I love spoiling my girls and my sweet husband. 

In case you missed my first post, you can click HERE to find it. Now I'm off to go enjoy the blog hop and see everyone else's beautiful work.  Enjoy the rest of your day, thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Sweet Blush, Vintage Cream, Vellum (from The Paper Studio)
Stamps: Happy Hearts, Fancy Flourishes
Ink: Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, Versamark
Dies: Framed Love, Limitless Layers: Hearts
Other: Gold Glitter Zing Embossing Powder, White Filigree Embossing Powder


8 comments:

  1. So Pretty Erika! Love the "love die-cut" in gold :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Erika! Love the vellum layer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink and gold are one of my faves! Lovely Erika!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love the gold sparkle and the white embossing!! Such a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! I LOVE reading each and every comment!